Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do antibiotics affect blood tests?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Avengers26, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Avengers26

Avengers26 Senior Member

I have a general question whether antibiotics affect blood testing. The blood tests could be for immune markers or to test for more infections etc. etc. Should one stay off antibiotics before blood testing & if so for how long?

My doctor found an active bacterial infection & would like me to take antibiotics for it. But, I am also scheduled to see another doctor to get tested for viral infections & immune markers etc. So, I am thinking out loud on what would be the best course of action. Please advice. Thanks.

2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Great question. I don't know the answer but google had multiple credible links. I posted it just like you did. They appear to effect several labs.

I'm still reading the kantrowitz article. Fascinating.

3. Avengers26

Avengers26 Senior Member

4. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Lol. It was the first link on the google search I did. It was 4 am here so that was as far as I got but there were plenty of good links on google search for your question.

Maybe this will work ...

www.kantrowitz.com/cancerpoints/tumormarkerfalsepositives.html

Granted this article focused on tumor markers but it was fascinating to me.

5. Avengers26

Avengers26 Senior Member

lol, ok. I did google first before i posted here but i missed this article. thank you.

xchocoholic likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.