• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do Anti-Depressants interfere with Methylation & supplements generally

nomad

Anyone interested in a London Support group?
Okay, so health, both physical and mental, have taken a sharp downward spiral over the last two years. I've noticed a significant benefit from following the methylation protocol, and using anti-inflammatory supplements (thanks @Hip) but I'm nose diving into extreme anxiety and depression.

This is mostly from severe isolation, caused by CFS/ME and anxiety. It's a spiral. And I'm finally throwing in the towel and going on Anti-Depressants, I've chosen Citalopram as it's most commonly cited for anxiety.

Are there any negative interactions between supplements and Citalopram ?

Thanks

caledonia

Methylation should help with anxiety and depression as well as ME/CFS. If you're getting worse, there may be something you're missing. I have a document called Roadblocks to Successful Methylation, linked in my signature below, which may be helpful.

If it's situational, counseling may be helpful.

That all being said, you can do SSRIs/SNRIs along with methylation supps. I've been doing it myself long term (except for I'm tapering off, not getting on). The only caveat is something like 5htp which affects serotonin levels.

nomad

Anyone interested in a London Support group?
Thanks @caledonia I think the roadblocks are situational, having been isolated for the last few years im trying to get back into the swing of things and finding it very difficult. So the AD's would be a short term measure.

I'll read through your roadblocks to methylation too, thanks. I'm on the autistic spectrum so that makes it all a bit more difficult.