• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DNA RNA supplements

lizw118

Do DNA/RNA supplements help with mitochondrial function? What do they do exactly? Has anyone tried them?
Liz

Joopiter76

I use the nucleotide immune support which contains hydrolysated DNAor RNA that means that the body get the single building blocks for DNA/RNA synthesis. if you supplement whole RNA most can not be used because the body cant break down the RNA to use the singel block to build new one. I can really recomend this. I I know that in HIV theres used Uridin a direct precursor of the building blocks and this helps the mitochondria build new dna

anne_likes_red

I use this too. (Holistic Health.)
ETA: Ooops - no it's Nucleotide Immune Support I'm taking. Contains 250mg free form nucleotide blend.

I had increasing inflammation around starting methylation supps, and the day after starting nucleotide immune support things improved a LOT.

I use the nucleotide immune complex which contains hydrolysated DNAor RNA that means that the body get the single building blocks for DNA/RNA synthesis. if you supplement whole RNA most can not be used because the body cant break down the RNA to use the singel block to build new one. I can really recomend this. I I know that in HIV theres used Uridin a direct precursor of the building blocks and this helps the mitochondria build new dna

rwac

I'm currently using Country Life RNA/DNA, but I plan to switch to LEF RNA because it's cheaper for a high dose.

Joopiter76

yes, Anne, I can confirm this. the improvement is quite immediatly after 1-2 days I think, but I needed 2 caps. How much do you take and do you take folinic acid (not folic acid!)

my strength improved really much within the last 3 months but I still feel mostly a kind of poisoned and "bhhhh" I didnt find out how to turn this away. I think the inflammation is still going on an thats what I feel. What is the best to turn down the inflammation condition? I already take all usual supps. but maybe there is something for the inflammation (intracellular) by nitric oxide production

anne_likes_red

Joopiter, Hi :)

I'm happy to hear your strength has improved.
I feel I have more stamina, so something's working better on some level. I can identify with the poisoned feeling - I guess it's accumulated toxins finally shifting?

I take two caps. (They also contain some folic acid and Methyl B12 and other things.)
I don't take any folinic. I have actifolate here but haven't started it yet. Just Folapro 5MTHF for now - away from any folic.

I don't know what to do for inflammation, it's still there - though absolutely 75% improved since starting the nucleotide complex. I'm taking fish oil and that's supposed to help on some level, and I started charcoal at night. Lypospheric vitamin C helps me sometimes, on the worst days. I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest much else sorry!

Anne.

Joopiter76

Hi Anne,

folinic helped me very much, it was the first thing that made the very bad weakness go away the kind of weakness that makes you sit down or lay down for an hour after taking a shower, this is what I mean and this improved very very much with folinic I know some other peaple who experienced the same BUT mehtylfolate must be in place. unfortunately, the actifolate contains folic acid and we already get 400m with the nucleotide support. So Id prefer to take pure folinic and pure methylfolate. I can also tell you that Im doing the full Yasko programm and that helps me a lot. Becareful with the fish oil it interacts with the NO Synthase too much is not good. I dont tolerate fish very well and I guess fishoil in many cases also not I take krill oil.

Folinic acid is formyl-tetrahydrofolate. If the body cant confert folic acid to tetrahydrofolate (THF) very well and the methionine-synthase which transfers methyl from methylfolate to b12 and generates in this way THF and M-B12 is not working properly then you will run out of folinic acid. the formyl-group is used to generate DNA and RNA Building blocks and as well it is need to start protein-synthesis in the mitochondria. The main part of the Folate Cycle is part of the mitochondrial metabolic processes. Thats my explanation why it helped me so much. And as you felt the nucleotides helped you, folinic acts at exact that point in the folate cycle. BUT Freddd reports too much is not good if methylfolate is displaced. I started with 1/8 tablet of megafolinic which is 100g and no I take 800 but yasko works with less. Everbody has to try it out.
I also can recommend the methylation RNA and the ammonia RNA probably the cytokine RNA as well. I dont know if it is the special product or just the RNA that works.

LaurieL

Hi all,

I went to Holistic Health and looked at the nucleotide liquids. I am confused after looking at the ingredients of most of them, and they all seem to be identical. They all contain, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Cytidine-5'-monophosphate, Adenosine-5'-monophosphate, Guanosine-5'-monophosphate, Uridine-5'-monophosphate and multiple differing names such as Ammonia Support, Bowel Support, etc. They are all identicle in price as well. So basically, they are all the same thing with a different name?

What do all the little people do whose lives have been destroyed by CFS and its inherent co-infections and can't afford 85.00 a pop? Kinda disgusted by that price.

Laurie

Joopiter76

hmmm, the price is quite high but I think it helps. The DNA building blocks are always the same, but it depends on the order the single building blocks are put together. What I would first try is the nucleotide support caps because in the multi vitamin the amount is much lower.

LaurieL

Thanks Joopiter, I am quite interested in these. So you are saying that within each of the nucleotide formulas, the ratios are different in each as well? Perhaps these can be had somewhere else cheaper.

Laurie

Joopiter76

Hi Laurie,

the sequence of the building blocks is different. Like letter you use to write words the same building blocks are coding for tausends of proteins and enzymes. most RNA is broken down by saliva and the stomach acid but some is resorbed through the mouth (like M-B12 for example). I dont know whre the RNA is really from Yasko uses in her products but she has been involved in RNA research since her college time. she published a paper under Amy Arrow about RNA and she was working on this like that for different companys in her life before she concentrated on autism. She owns one or two companys involved in RNA research so I dont know why and how it exactly works but my creatinin got from 0,5 to 2,3 which means methylation is running much faster and ammonia is down. so if you did a urine test that shows a creatinin result and this result is low or rather low you should consider ammonia RNA. methyltion RNA is for whole methyltion support. CCK RNA will help with B12 uptake to the cells. one bottle will last up to 2 months if you take 5 drops a day (methylation RNA) from ammonia RNA you probably have to take more an this will then last one to one and 1/2 months. if you did the H2S neurotoxin test or a test (urine) in which taurine was high this is quite significant for need for ammonia RNA as well.

anne_likes_red

Hi Joopiter,
Do you still need to take the specific RNA formulas? Do you know if your creatine and ammonia levels have remained at improved levels without them? Or are you maintaining progress on less of the RNA supplements now?

I'm sorry I didn't see your earlier helpful post below until now....
I don't think I take a lot of fish oil - 2mls once a day. Thanks for the pointer about NO synthase.
Folinic: Rich pointed out too where folinic might be helpful. Thanks so much for your explanation (megafolinic sounds like a good option). It's good to hear how your weakness went away! I started actifolate yesterday, and I feel good today, but I am a bit concerned about my daily folic acid total which has crept up and up!

Can I ask which form of magnesium you've found most beneficial Joopiter? (Apologies if you've written it elsewhere.)
I was just reading about magnesium's role in forming nucleotides too. I'm currently using Mg chloride oil but suspect I would benefit from more. Its taken me a long time to build up to a modest approx 50mg daily via the oil.

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's much appreciated.

Anne.

Joopiter76

Hi Anne,

in the time I was still very ill an got infusions couldnt care for my own household and lived witrh my parents magnesium injections helped very much. It should be magnesium sulfate to inject (not mg-aspartate because aspartate is excitatory at the NMDA receptor) because it is very painful one should delute it with seril water used for injection (pure water not NaCL solution) on the other hand I take Mg-citrate or mg-malate mostly citrate because its cheaper I have it as apure powder not additional ingredients and good pricing, mybe a pharmacia has this in your country. Most people profit from taking Mg but I herared of some getting worse on too high doses. So everybody has to try this out. If you become a member ob the Yasko discussion group, you`ll get access to the graphics that show what is needed in which step which vitamine or mineral is needed. mg is needed for the convertion of methionine to SAMe and for ATP production and for blocking NMDA receptor which is reported to be overstimulated in CFS muscle twitching can be a sign of NMDA receptor overactivity. I have this frequently. if you take megafolinic start with low dose 1/8 tablett until the first reaction decreases.
I dont know if creatinine levels would remain but I guess probably not, Im on recovery but theres still a long way to go to normal functioning. And so I dont try this out. I will take nutrients all my life I dont want to give this disease any chance to come back again one day. But still I dont know if it will completely go away, according to Yasko and Rich it takes some years and yccording to Yasko she says that improvement will continue over the years.

LaurieL

Hi Joopiter,

After some snooping around, I was able to determine that the nucleotides are derived from Sarcchomyces cerevisiae.

Laurie

Lotus97

Is Holistic Health's (aka Yasko's) really any better? I've heard from one person who said they've benefited from
Holistic Health's nucleotides and two other people who said they felt better from the Neurological Health Formula which has the nucleotides as one of the ingredients. It wasn't enough to convince me to buy Yasko's, but Swanson was having a buy one get one free offer on Imunil nucleotides so I bought a couple bottles. It's much cheaper even without the BOGO. It's still going on if anyone is interested.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-mixed-nucleotides-imunil-300-mg-60-caps

I'm still not convinced the Holistic Health Formula is that great despite the anecdotal testimony I mentioned above which is why I didn't buy it. Rich seemed to think nucleotides were important and I suspect that was one of the reasons he recommended the Holistic Health Formula and folinic acid.
===================================================================​
Folinic acid is helpful for a couple of reasons. One is that it is very versatile, in that it can be converted to other forms of folate. Normally, folates are needed to make nucleotides, but the folate metabolism is dysfunctional in ME/CFS because of the partial block of methionine synthase and the methyl trap, which drains folate from the cells when this reaction is partially blocked. One of the main reasons for including folinic acid in the protocol is to help with the production of nucleotides until the folate metabolism has been restored. The nucleotides are important for making new DNA and RNA for new cells, and also for making ATP.

Best regards,

Rich

jepps

Is there anybody of you, who tried RNA Advanced Joint (Inflammation Pathway Support) or Bowel Inflammatory Pathway Support from Holistical Health? I´ve also increased inflammation because of increased methylation. I´d like to try the Nucleotide Immune Support (thank you Anne for your description!), but this is not available in Europe. Best regards!

Seven7

Seven
Can you all please update on how are you doing on this? there is a sale going on and I was wondering if this really helps.