The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

DMSO - Mycotoxins entering tissues?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by stolpioni, Jul 21, 2017.

  1. stolpioni

    stolpioni

    Messages:
    39
    Likes:
    13
    I have been applying some DMSO liquid mixed with Iodine to an injury of mine and it has done wonders so far. DMSO basically helps to carry the Iodine through the skin and into the tissues.

    I was wondering though, what if you applied the mixture inside a moldy building? Could mycotoxins that would be circulating in the air attach to the DMSO liquid and pass through the skin as well?

    Almost all buildings have mycotoxins in the air though, even hospitals, so I guess I am overthinking this?
     
  2. Carl

    Carl

    Messages:
    85
    Likes:
    76
    United Kingdom
    You should be very careful using DMSO. On the skin when I have used it I made sure to thoroughly wash the skin and then sterilize it before applying the DMSO using something which was also sterile ie not a finger. This is because it can carry any of the bacteria on the skin into the body and who knows what they may be, some could be very dangerous and some less so. Scratch somewhere with a nasty bacteria and then use your finger and that bacteria could end up inside your body.
     
  3. IreneF

    IreneF Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,551
    Likes:
    2,552
    San Francisco
    DMSO is a good solvent but it can't transport bacteria. It's sometimes used for transdermal drug delivery because it can dissolve some drugs and penetrate skin. Bacteria are too big to penetrate skin unless your skin is already damaged. Otherwise we would be a walking mass of infected tissue.
     

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page