1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

DMSO for Sinusitis?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Ema, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Does anyone know the proper concentration of DMSO to use either in a nebulizer or in the nostril directly to treat chronic sinusitis?

Thanks!
    Ema

2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Sorry cant answer your question, but i found a source for bactroban nasal spray(which has been hard and compounding pharmacy would charge me a firtune to make something like this), so i will talk this over with my doc. I think in combo with oral abx and abx spray it might have a better affect, i hope so.

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Do you have a source for a pure DMSO? That is what has concerned me. And that it will cause you to absorb anything else that it is in contact with--like from your hands.

Sushi

4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I think so. It came from my doctor and it froze solid in my closet. Apparently that is a good sign of purity but I am new to all this DMSO business.

I was planning to dilute it with sterile saline.

5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I should also point out that it is for a friend of mine which is why I want to make sure to get it right!

sianrecovery likes this.
  6. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    I asked this of a guy running a health food store in Sedona. I use a collodial silver/DMSO spray from my ME doc here in the UK, and wanted to start making my own. I have found it very helpful with dental infections. He said with the silver, fifty fifty. But in truth, I have no idea. Will ask the pharmacist who makes it up what her concentrations are.

Ema likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.