• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dmsa/Methylation, rich fredd?

Hi Denise,
Don't feel hopeless, It's not easy and can take time to find the right process but there are many recovering stories. My situation also had improved due to natural nutrition detox but the amalgam replacements caused also sensitivities that I still have to deal with.
That dmsa challenge test is a disaster because the a lot of toxins going out together. I think that all the problems can connect to each other and can react as a domino. These two treatments- ozone sauna and rife are not light treatments. Is the sauna including the head? Cutler doesn't recommend on it due to negative mental responses. Anyway, in general, when I'm in ther middle of a therapy, I also try to feel if a treatment or a detox not also take strenght from the body and he need a break, to rest, strengten, ect.
***What do you suffer from? do you have high Hg? other infections?
My main symptoms this period are legs aches (between the knee and the ankles) in the mornings, allergy and mucus (fungus) that sometimes cause headeche and muscle weakness, tiredness, nausea and hard menstruation periods. I had symptoms that felt like infection. I didn't see directly high Hg in any test.
The ALA could have been hard for you if the dose way too high and the ALA moves it out of the brain and I wonder if you were feeling that? It is hard on my brain and mentally as well. I can not tolerate it now, but will try again as I reduce my body burden further .
Can one control the dose way? I tried a really small amount a long time ago,about a year ago and mentally it wasn't good for me.

I will continue later to detail..

hey rachel,

With the amalgam replacement-was it the dental materials used that are giving you problems, or the effect of the Hg being removed? like was it improperly removed?

the DDS that did mine didn't do it correctly and replaced with crowns that have aluminum in them. I did a melisa test and it said i was ok with aluminum, yet also did a biocomp dental test for new DDS and it says I do have a high reactivity to aluminum . So which to believe. I talk to Dr Vanentine and she say the melisa is more reliable.

I am going to do a urine metals/minerals test, as well a genova nutrieval and a new hair test in Oct so I will see how much aluminum I have in my system to see if it is a huge problem. Because I can not take all these out and redo. We put trust is all their DDS and Dr. and NP and I have been hurry a lot from these people.

I feel my environment is safe (no wet mold or sick building) but i am so reactive, allergic to dust, cat dander, mold, chemicals, etc and most of all my issues are internal so I am hoping the detox of bacteria, fungus, viruses and pathogens, fixing liver phase 1/2 (MCS) , getting the bile flow (gallstone flush) and the rest will get me well. a pretty tall order. I feel more allergies and mucous, etc as well.

The sauna I have is head out, stream with ozone. From what I have read on cutler he recommends dry just not infer red., b/c it goes too deep and can mobilize the Hg in tissues, etc.In his book I never read anything about head being in or out. I will check with group, thanks.

the ALA i get is 5mg and i split into 2.5 or even 1.25mg.

my Hg on hair showed none, which couldn't be right cause I had a mouth full of fillings. I have removed and been chelating for 1 1/2 yr with dmps on and off. I am about to see if I can add ala. Linda the mod at fdc at yahoo group, did dmps for a few yrs before adding ala, b/c her body burden was so high. she really took her time and is doing better just on the dmps, but one has to do the ala to get it out of the brain and organs.

talk later
denise

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
it would be good to get "Amalgam Illness" by Dr Andy Cutler. His protocol is either DMSA or DMPS after amalgams are removed to lower body burden of mercury. He does a 3 day on 4 day off (to start), frequent dose chelation, every 3 hr (if doing dmps it is every 6 hrs and has to be compounded, most people use DMPS if yeast is a problem b/c dmsa can cause yeast issues to worsen,
starting with 12.5mg or in some cases 25 mg and increase as tolerated.

I guess I understand his recommendation of removing the dental amalgams prior to starting the chelation protocol as he suggest it would lower the overall body burden for mercury. It almost appears he is saying that by not removing the amalgams the protocol is not worth doing.

Well, since the name of the book is "Amalgam Illness" I suppose that would only be fitting to the protocol, but you can still use DMSA/DMPS for other metals and not have to worry about the amalgam removal. DMSA/DMPS cannot remove mercury from the fillings themselves. These chelators will only remove mercury that has already been methylated in to the body.

I'm curious about other peoples experiences with the EDTA because you hear a lot of horror stories about it, but in reading one of Rich's post the make up of the EDTA is at least a major cause to many of its side effects.

I seem to have a well above normal amount of nickel in my body and not sure where it could have come from as I don't work around a lot of electronic equipment. I don't do any soldering. I had a fairly elevated level of lead but one cousre of the DMSA (about 10 weeks) and it was completely gone and hasn't came back

Good luck everyone with getting these metals out of the body!

hey rachel,

With the amalgam replacement-was it the dental materials used that are giving you problems, or the effect of the Hg being removed? like was it improperly removed?

the DDS that did mine didn't do it correctly and replaced with crowns that have aluminum in them. I did a melisa test and it said i was ok with aluminum, yet also did a biocomp dental test for new DDS and it says I do have a high reactivity to aluminum . So which to believe. I talk to Dr Vanentine and she say the melisa is more reliable.

Hi Denise,

Sorry for the late response.. I had a terrible time.

I assume it was the effect of the Hg entered through my mouth. Not all the amalgam fillings had been removed with something cover the rest of my mouth. I didn't understand why you need any kind of heavy metal instead of the amalgam, any other materials (the white and the ceramic) suppose to be safer. I did Cliford test but I don't know which test is more recommended.

I am hoping the detox of bacteria, fungus, viruses and pathogens, fixing liver phase 1/2 (MCS) , getting the bile flow (gallstone flush) and the rest will get me well. a pretty tall order. I feel more allergies and mucous, etc as well.

How do you plan to do this detox?

The sauna I have is head out, stream with ozone. From what I have read on cutler he recommends dry just not infer red., b/c it goes too deep and can mobilize the Hg in tissues, etc.In his book I never read anything about head being in or out. I will check with group, thanks.

I understood Cutler think sauna causes negative mental symptoms to many ppl with chemical sensitivity. The advice of head being out isn't his caution. I also feel it can be too sensitive for the head..

I'll continue later on,

Rachel.

richvank

I seem to have a well above normal amount of nickel in my body and not sure where it could have come from as I don't work around a lot of electronic equipment.

Hi, August59.

There was a paper published some years ago, and I think that Dr de Meirleir was one of authors, that said that most of the nickel comes in with food.

It could be that processed foods are higher in nickel, because stainless steel food processing equipment, including the stainless steel pots and pans that people use at home, are made of 300 series stainless steels, and these contain quite a bit of nickel. Though they are called "stainless," they do corrode at a slow rate and release their constituents into food. The other main constituents are iron and chromium, both of which are essential nutrients.

Best regards,

Rich

Kadar

I didn't tolerate DMSA until I began to take K2. (Seems I was deficient). I had crazy heart palpitations on DMSA. It's because DMSA is high in sulfur and sulfur is antagonistic to copper. If you are deficient in K2 you'll lose copper when consuming high oxalate foods. I do get palpitations now taking DMSA but they're not related to copper (usually vit E /zinc deficiency) and not that intense. Just in case it may help someone