1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

DMSA chelation and candida

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by LJBluesky, Jul 3, 2013.

1. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    My daugher is 18 and has CFS. She has a history of candida, but we have that under control. Her doctor wants to treat her with oral DMSA to chelate metals. My daughter is very sensitive to supplements and meds. Will DMSA (being a sulpher compound) cause candida to come back?
    Also, I've read that EDTA suppositories are more effective than oral DMSA. Does anyone know if EDTA suppositories are safe for sensitive CFS people? Thanks!
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I've heard sulfur mentioned with candida before, but I never found an explanation. Does it feed candida or something?
  3. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    What are you chelating for? EDTA is not effective for Mercury, for example, where DMSA is. I've read that yeast should be under control before DMSA is used.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Just be very cautious with DMSA. It is very hard for some of us to handle. Doctors often don't realize how sensitive many of us are. Has your daughter had a heavy metals test to see what her levels are?

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.