August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

DMPS Chelation - side effects

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Banana94, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    Did somebody had some serious side effects due to heavy metal chelation by IV DMPS/DMSA?

Think about to do it but Im afraid of the possible rare side effects...

2. Rlman

Rlman Senior Member

Toronto, Canada
    if a person is really toxic then it can cause bad effects. cutler chelation protocol is supposed to be much safer. it also uses dmps in pill form.http://cutlersuccessstories.weebly.com/what-not-to-do.html
    i have read though people saying they have handled dmps iv fine and felt better from it. so it depends on the individual

3. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    So far as I'm concerned intravenous DMPS is extremely dangerous. I'd highly recommend you avoid it.

If you need any incentive for this, you could have a look at the dmpsbackfire website if you can find it. (Not sure if it's still there - but when it was, it was filled with people's stories of lasting damage from IV DMPS.)

I have often used oral DMPS as part of the Cutler protocol. It's not as effective a chelator as ALA (which chelates the brain), but is an effectual adjunct to ALA, and appears to be pretty safe if you start low dose & work up carefully.

See more popular forum discussions.