• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dizzy, without even moving

I do have these weird dizzy spells and was wondering if any body else has this or could explain.

I get dizzy, without even moving,
it comes a few times a week,
not related to eating, not relieved with food
It comes with first a hot sensation and really bad weakness and then chills,
I drink a lot of liquids, with electrolytes

Thanks

Mij

I've had a lot of experience with what you are feeling. Could be several things:

1. Viral
2. Hormonal
3. low ferritin
4. low b12

maryb

iherb code TAK122
My illness started with a inner ear virus so I've had these symptoms for a long time, they're horrible I really sympathise. My ENT consultant diagnosed chronic viral labrynthitis. I didn't want to take anti-dizziness meds I'd rather struggle on without the side effects. I have high EBV - I hope the Hepapressin helps you soon.

Hugocfs

When I first became sick (and long before I was diagnosed with cfs), I had a lot of problems with dizziness. Not exactly like yours. About first thing anyone found wrong with me was low vitamin D. Once I started supplementing with vit. D3, the dizziness went away fairly quickly for the most part. Has anyone checked your vitamin D levels recently?

Tito

It could be a vestibular migraine. Migraines can happen without the headache.

Hip

You might consider Ménière’s disease, which has been linked to viral causes.
Ménière’s disease is a disorder of the inner ear that causes severe dizziness (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and a feeling of fullness or congestion in the ear. Ménière’s disease usually affects only one ear.

Source: here.

snowathlete

i get some mild dizziness when sat down too. more and more common for me the last few months. it does feel horrible doesnt it.

clive powney

I had viral labrinthitis about 2 years before my ME symptoms started and balance has been one of my worst symptoms over the last 10 years. It has got better recently , but is always sitting in the background as a constant reminder. I honestly dont think any treatment has made a difference.