• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dizzy after standing up

jason30

Hi all,

When I stand up from sitting then I feel dizzy or lightheaded. This symptom is sometimes worse then other times.
I remember having read something that a vitamin deficiency could be the cause. Does anyone know more about this or the cause of that symptom after standing up from sitting?

Thanks in advance!

jason30

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough; I get light-headed when I get up from the squat/crouching position. I don't know if this also counts for POTS/Orthostatic intolerance?

I do not get light-headed/dizzy when I stand up from a chair for example.

I have never heard of POTS/Orthostatic Intolerance, so thanks for notifying. I do have the symptoms of POTS/Orthostatic intolerance. Especially when I sit down I get these Heart palpitations. But I always thought that it's coming from my MCS, because I get these symptoms when I get in contact with a chemical, mold or fragnance.
Now I am confused, maybe my MCS is a trigger of POTS/Orthostatic intolerance? But again, I only get light-headed when I get up from the squat/crouching position.

Denise

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough; I get light-headed when I get up from the squat/crouching position. I don't know if this also counts for POTS/Orthostatic intolerance?

I do not get light-headed/dizzy when I stand up from a chair for example.

Shifting position (including from squat/crouch) can definitely trigger POTS/OI symptoms such as lightheadedness.
This summary of OI might be helpful.