1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dizziness?

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by Young&sick, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Recently had a few spells where im bending over to do something, or just changing position and i get really, really dizzy. As in would fall down if i didn't catch myself kind of dizzy.

Am i alone here or is this a more common symptom? Only been sick three years so i haven't run the full gauntlet of symptoms yet.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Orthostatic intolerance. Very common with ME/CFS.

3. Yeah, i am weening myself off codeine too, and i think that always messes with my BP a little too.

Either way, thanks for the input.
  4. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I have OI and find adding a little salt to my drinking water during the day very helpful. It should be the good stuff such as Celtic or Himalayan, not processed table salt. I also supplement with a little potassium.

Electrolytes help a lot of people. Alacer ElectroMix is a good one. You can see the ingredients here:

http://www.iherb.com/Alacer-ElectroMix-Lemon-Lime-30-Packets-4-2-oz-120-g/17246

Good luck. I think you can get on top of this condition.
  5. Fredricktoo

Fredricktoo

Clearwater, Florida
    Might be good to let a doctor examine before you actually do pass out. I used to get this when I was much younger and collapsed once in my hallway to a sitting position luckily. Could be meds could simply be a virus but it would be good to know what's happening.

Edit: Since this disease (CFS) started 15 years ago I have been fighting high blood pressure also. Last month I had some really scary days of weakness and lightheadedness bordering on feeling like I would faint. One day I had to stop walking and bend over and get my head below my heart. Came really close to passing out. Saw the doc a few days later and was assured my pressure was not low and that it was probably viral since everyone else in the family had similar complaints before I did.
  6. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I was consistently dizzy - do you have ear pressure? I was diagnosed with viral labrythitis - also had
    Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo - the consultant did the Epley maneuvr which eased it somewhat, but had it for a few years - if its viral I was told it could last a long time. Dizziness can be caused by so many things you need to get it checked out.
    Fredricktoo likes this.
  7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    its probably orthostatic intollerance which changing postures can affect. If you havent been checked for the various OI issues you probably should be.
  8. acouchy

acouchy

Canada
    I am so sorry you are experiencing this. You are not alone. Since day one of my illness I have experienced lightheadedness on almost a daily basis. Sometimes I also experience dizziness upon sitting or standing (possibly OI or POTS). In the last few years my body has stepped it up a notch and I now also have vertigo attacks. I usually have a big glass of water first thing when I wake up. Try to keep well hydrated during the day. Once in a while I drop one of my boyfriends Nuun tablets (sugar free electrolyte replacement tablet) in my water. Results vary.

See more popular forum discussions.