1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

dizziness and other neurological symptoms

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by jen jen, Oct 16, 2010.

1. jen jen

jen jen

Hi,
    I have suffered with M.E/C.F.S for 22 years. I wondered if other people have the same symptoms as me and if they have found anything that helps them.
    I have permament dizziness/vertigo and my head is numb (mostly at the top). Also I have buzzing in my legs (pretty much all the time). My head feels like it's gonna explode sometimes as I get this aweful pressure in it. I also have problems sleeping I take zolpidem 10mg and 30mg amitryptyline. Apart from this I have problems walking as my legs cramp a lot and my knees burn, I also suffer from fatigue after any exertion. I have a permament red throat and feel like something is stuck in my throat.

I had the mitochondrial function test from Dr Myhill and my results were bad, I only scored 20% and have a 38% translocator blockage. I am on a regime of supplements following the test.

Is there anyone else out there like ME ?????
  2. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    I've had it about twenty years now. Dizziness/vertigo, very frequently. Cramps, yes. Post Exertional totally. I had to go out yesterday for an appointment, couldn't find a close parking spot. Had to walk half a block to get there and half a block to get back to the car. I have now been literally dead since I went. I was in bed all day today and it's now seven at night. I'm still dead. And I haven't had an actual good night's sleep in probably twenty years.

I take alot of magnesium for the cramps, that's the only thing that helps me.
  3. curry

curry Senior Member

Hi,

+1 for magnesium.
    What also helped me is coQ10 - I take 2 x 200mg a day. Acetyl-L-Carnitine, around 3mg a day has been also very helpful so far.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I've only been using it about a month, but have found sitting on a 'balance ball' to be helpful. I went through a period of getting migraines and vertigo, and after listening to a medical program on general balance problems decided to gve the balance ball a go and my problems have improved.

It could just be a coincedence. Also, it does use a lot more energy than normal sitting down - but less than standing up!
  5. jen jen

jen jen

I have tried balance exercises in th past but they never did anything.
    I do take manesium (through the skin) as well at Q10 and acetyl-l-carnitine. I also take D-ribose, ascorbic acid, EFA's, ,multivitamins and minerals, niacinamide, Vit D and kefir. (been on these for 3 1/2 months now)

I wondered if anyone has found any supplements that help the dizziness? Does anyone else have the numb head and buzzing in their legs
  6. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I get all of those symptoms including the numb head although not at the top - all across the back to the nape of the neck. Also get the buzzing in the legs & other places.

Treating with antimicrobials has helped some (several of the different ones used for lyme). Lauricidin seems to be detoxing the body in a way that nothing else has been able to and the dizziness is not quite so bad at times.

Just as a side note, magnesium always presents yeast issues for me.

See more popular forum discussions.