• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Disparaging Mikovits Is Also Disparaging the Ruscettis, Lo, Alter, and Others

Wonko

but thats largely my point, your not waitign for the investigations, your contributing to the mud slinging without knowing the outcome first.

or at least thats my perception

FancyMyBlood

hmmm.....after scanning your post history it seems I may owe you an apology, tho I am still puzzled by why you are adopting exactly the same arguements and personal attacks against those who have tried to help us as the bad science mob it seems you are not one of them - which leaves me at rather a loss.

Whilst I still dont agree with you, in fact I strongly object, I apologise for my tone and approach in this thread, if I'd of realised you were "one of us" rather than "one of them" I wouldnt have behaved in the manner I have.

If you find any of my posts particularly offensive let me know and I will delete them

You don't have to give me an apalogy. I don't really care about the tone of a debate as long as the arguments used are solid. In this case I believe fallicious arguments are used to defend a very poorly founded hypothesis. That's where my main problem is.

I think I have to clarify the arguments and 'personal attacks'. First, I don't feel I have made any personal attack against any XMRV/HGRV researcher. It's true I don't think very highly of Judy, but that feeling only became to fruition after I realized Judy has made several unsubstantiated and even wrong claims about XMRV/HGRV that (I feel) might damage ME/CFS research in general. The BWG study was the tipping point for me.

Like I stated earlier, I'm still immensly grateful for what she meant for ME/CFS research awareness, but I believe now it's time to take a different direction with different people.

FancyMyBlood

but thats largely my point, your not waitign for the investigations, your contributing to the mud slinging without knowing the outcome first.

or at least thats my perception

I am waiting for the investigations, please feel free to point me on the exact quote you feel is mud slinging. I think I need to clarify on that.

Wonko

I am waiting for the investigations, please feel free to point me on the exact quote you feel is mud slinging. I think I need to clarify on that.
Your right, whilst I dont agree with your arguement as stated, I cannot find any posts in this thread (and havent checked anywhere else) where you have personally attacked anyone, whats more I cant find any indication of why I thought you did.

TBH, although as I say I think you take the whole "appeals to authority" thing too far, I cant see why I reacted against your posts as I did, I can only assume I mixed you up with someone else making a similar arguement in another thread and jumped to the conclusion you were a "bad hat".

So. it looks like I'm totally at fault, moderately barking, and a complete idiot - again you have my apologies.

OverTheHills

Wonko

You are not the only one irritated by the Tr.... 'New members'.
I think it is very gracious of you to review posts and rethink your position.
I nominate you for Adult of the Day.
Hugs

OTH