• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

discolored sweat

helios

I have suffered from discolored sweat for many years.Specifically facial sweat. Looking at me no one has said anything about skin discoloration and how I am sweating too much. In fact it really is not sweat per say but oily skin. What has prompted me to make this post is I decided it was time to wash my pillow. The pillow which was bright white 4 yrs ago is now camel color with mottled brown stains all over it. This has been the case with my pillows and white pillow cases in the past. To me its a symptom of a toxic overload of some sort but no idea what specifically. I have had hair analysis and that was fine. I have never been tested from memory for any chemical exposure. I also had bad dandruff for many yrs but this went away thankfully when I got on TRT.
Has anyone else got/had this issue?
Did you raise it with your doctor and did he take it serious as a health marker? (I think I may have mentioned it to one of my past docs)
Anyone here have any idea if there are specific conditions that this could apply to (arsenic,formaldehyde, whatever)

SilverbladeTE

Same problem :/
I like wearing "pilot shirts" them and underwear get stained by sweat like never happened prior to the ME getting worse, not when I was fit and doing lots of exercixe did I get such
sweat also smells different, unpleasant. Not due ot lack of hygene (kind of perosn who doesn't mind getting dirty for a reason, but gawd damn hates staying dirty, so wash/change clothes a lot, and as noted, showers take the pain otu for a while)
icky :(
guess body is excreting something in sweat, but what?

brenda

Hi

I get this and also saliva stains yellow. My palms and base of feet are yellowish and understand this to be due to beta carotine not converting to vitamin A.