• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Disappointing Mayo Clinic Treatment

GONZ0hunter

I'm confused

I thought "Not For Profit" meant "Charity".

And I bet you anything you like that money is paid to people "in" the organisation, heads of, medics, other staff - or are they all working for free? I think not.

Whatever they say about being a Not For Profit organisation, the mere fact that they can charge a patient 50K then have it negotiated down to 6K speaks volumes about their mark-up.

I imagine that a non-charity Not For Profit has to cover its basic running costs, wages, etc. I don't see how marble panels fit into that, ethically speaking.

I also bet you that the head honchos get ginormous salaries.

"Not For Profit" implies, to me, at any rate, a charitable organisation. I see little charity in causing vulnerable patients bankruptcy, or in insisting that their condition is psychosomatic. "Give us your house, do a spot of meditating and you'll be FINE! - We're helping you by removing the roof over your head, because everyone knows meditation is helped by doing it outdoors, at one with nature."

Oh puhleeeese......what a crock.

Not for profit means they don't give shareholders profit. And I understand having nice facilities because I won't go to a hospital or dr who doesnt take care of and have nice facilities,

Jigsaw

Not for profit means they don't give shareholders profit. And I understand having nice facilities because I won't go to a hospital or dr who doesnt take care of and have nice facilities,
????

You were the one who said
How many hallways were paved in marble and gold inlay at mayo?

I saw priceless Chinese artifacts in one area.

This marble is carved near me so I know how much they paid for 20 foot sections. Each.

GONZ0hunter, Apr 3, 2017

and
How much then?
Millions

GONZ0hunter, Apr 6, 2017
and

And to be clear I pay for ivig treatment every 3 weeks plus retuxiban and plasmapharisia. So I get expensive treatment , but that should be helping not building a temple to their own greatness.

Mayo is a joke.

GONZ0hunter, Apr 6, 2017

GONZ0hunter

its big leap from giant marble walls and nice open facilities, but sigh. Im all for capitilism but I also think their is a line that they have crossed.

I don't care if you can't see it.

Jigsaw

its big leap from giant marble walls and nice open facilities, but sigh. Im all for capitilism but I also think their is a line that they have crossed.

I don't care if you can't see it.
But apparently, as your marble panels and Chinese artefacts post said, you CAN see it.