The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Disabled-friendly housing in Scotland

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by MeSci, Jan 23, 2015.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
  2. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    I have often thought it might be a good idea if members (if they wish) could share what type of housing they are in ...........rent amount, environment, etc. just in case others are looking to relocate for whatever reason. They could even include pictures of their flat, apt. etc, size.............what have you.

3. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Why not start a thread for this, Tammy? It would be best in the Community Lounge (I'd think) as that section is private to members and not searched by Google.

Sushi

4. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

I think there is a thread about this but I believe it was a long time ago. So maybe a new thread or moving this thread to the private sector, is called for as I think it's a wonderful idea!

Barb

5. aangelonduty

aangelonduty

greeting's all .....
    I live in beautiful Western NC and would love a thread on this subject also (because I want to do this ) ....me- sick for over 35 yrs...new here (member yrs ago).....& just bought an RV, because I am way too sick to make a 'reg' move......love the RV...only prob.....I am sooo issolated and I would LOVE to have ' family ' around me, who understand. !!!! I got the caregiving thing 'down' now as I have 40 hrs @ wk for a caregiver (medicaid) .....any one out there want to start a small community ?? ( a peaceful, loving,supportive, no drama, love tree's,kindness,truth,old hippies would be great-like earth mom types :) Spiritual, etc......w/ xxx)
    beautiful mountain painting.jpg

6. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Beautiful photo.

You can start a thread - that might attract people who are interested. Make sure you give it a subject line that makes it clear what it's about. I'm not really sure where the best place is to put threads about housing as I can't find a section specifically about housing.

Maybe the 'community lounge'?

There is a thread about co-housing that may interest you.

I'd love a self-sufficient, chemical-free, renewable-energy-powered disabled-friendly community!

See more popular forum discussions.