Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Disabled and Chronically Ill Americans to Occupy the United States Dept. of Justice (USDOJ)

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Nielk, May 29, 2015.

1. Nielk

Nielk

The Complete Fact Sheets: https://badlymeattitude.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/chargescomplete.pdf
    Facebook Page- Prosecute the CDC and IDSA: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prosecute-The-CDC-IDSA/864170826961023?fref=nf
    Blog - Good or Evil? You Choose: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prosecute-The-CDC-IDSA/864170826961023?fref=nf

ahmo, SilverbladeTE, John Mac and 3 others like this.
  2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Very cool. :)

ahmo likes this.
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

It sounded good until they zeroed in on a specific fringe pet theory of a common causation for the diseases. Now it just sounds like something that anyone reputable would disassociate themselves from.

SOC, A.B., Scarecrow and 2 others like this.
  4. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    This needs more publicity. It's stunning that people have known about the rampant corruption at the CDC for over a decade, and nothing has been done about it. I want to see these people getting the same treatment that FIFA officials just got. They don't deserve any less, since their greedy dealings had a terrible toll in unnecessary human suffering. Their actions had the direct repercussion of keeping us sick. As long as those corrupt officials remain in their posts, profiting from our misery, we will remain ill. Keep that in mind.

PS: I agree with @Valentijn ; it's a pity that this group is latching to a fringe theory, because that could discredit the legitimate prosecution of those corrupt officials. Something needs to be done about the unethical collusion that has prevented solutions for our illnesses, but we need sound research behind any claims linking all those illnesses into one single cause. The last thing we need is to give any reasons to those people to discredit anyone with ME/CFS or Lyme as "lunatics".

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    ahmo, Valentijn and jimells like this.
  5. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    I'm shocked, shocked to think there is corruption going on here...

Just like I'm shocked that FIFA officials are finally being prosecuted after *decades* of well-known corrupt practices. Apparently they are now in the dock because Uncle Sam wants revenge for losing a bid to host the world cup. Until that happened, everyone in power just looked the other way.

I wonder what similar event would finally get the attention of US prosecutors to look at the fraud around this illness. I expect nothing will happen until some Very Important Person's ox is gored...

ahmo, SilverbladeTE, John Mac and 3 others like this.
  6. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    Considering how quickly the number of ME/CFS and Lyme patients has been increasing, I would say that a lot of critical mass is accruing. Not just from the patients themselves, but their relatives and friends that have seen the devastation that these illnesses cause first hand.

I think they could get away with their shady and corrupt practices a couple of decades ago; now we are talking millions of people affected in the USA alone. And under their watch Lyme has become epidemic. They have some 'splainin' to do...

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Annie Gsampel

Scotland
    That fungal-induced immunosuppression hypothesis is totally over my head but it's intriguing that they equate it with post sepsis syndrome.
    Sepsis and systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) have a similar pathophysiology but different aetiologies. So I'm guessing that there must also be an association between SIRS and post sepsis syndrome.

In a recent CDC PCOCA conference call, Jose Montoya said that the correlation of messenger RNA gene expression data in SIRS and ME/CFS was 100%: I'm more interested than ever to see where he goes with this.

aimossy and Antares in NYC like this.

See more popular forum discussions.