1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Four: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 23 March 2014
It is Day Four and the final conference session from San Francisco. In this review we hear from Searcher about the neurosciences session, and PET and EEG analysis, then a study on cognitive functioning, followed by a debate on the revised 2014 IACFS/ME Primer, and then we wrap-up the...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Digestive enzymes and stomach pain/cramps

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by knackers323, Jan 21, 2014.

1. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Anyone had this effect from digestive enzymes and/or know the cause of them?

I've heard some people say its a good thing eg. Killing candida etc.

Others say its negative eg. Damaging the stomach lining etc.any ideas?
  2. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Bangkok, Thailand
    If digestive enzymes give you pain and cramps then that's a sure sign of inflammation. You might have mild intestinal inflammation / gastritis without knowing it.
    Beyond likes this.
  3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I've had reactions to some brands, and others not. I think it depends on the formula.
  4. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    What's in it? If you have any inflammation I personally wouldn't touch betaine HCl but would stick to pancreas glandular and try bromelain and/or papaya.
  5. Ayaju

Ayaju Senior Member

San Diego, CA
    I have good results from Mercola Probiotics, and Mercola Digestive Enzymes.
  6. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Nah, no candida killing with digestive enzymes. IMO you have intestinal inflammation and those enzymes arenĀ“t helping, and thus the pain. I have taken digestive enzymes from NOW and Dr Best and they can increase intestinal inflammation, but in my case only if taken with every meal and only slightly.
  7. Radio

Radio *****

8. Radio

Radio *****

See more popular forum discussions.