• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Digestive enzymes and stomach pain/cramps

knackers323

Anyone had this effect from digestive enzymes and/or know the cause of them?

I've heard some people say its a good thing eg. Killing candida etc.

Others say its negative eg. Damaging the stomach lining etc.any ideas?

Thinktank

If digestive enzymes give you pain and cramps then that's a sure sign of inflammation. You might have mild intestinal inflammation / gastritis without knowing it.

adreno

PR activist
I've had reactions to some brands, and others not. I think it depends on the formula.

Plum

What's in it? If you have any inflammation I personally wouldn't touch betaine HCl but would stick to pancreas glandular and try bromelain and/or papaya.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Nah, no candida killing with digestive enzymes. IMO you have intestinal inflammation and those enzymes aren´t helping, and thus the pain. I have taken digestive enzymes from NOW and Dr Best and they can increase intestinal inflammation, but in my case only if taken with every meal and only slightly.