• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Digestive doctor/nutritionist recommendations in the UK?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a doctor/experienced nutritionist in the UK that may be able to help with digestive/liver and detoxification issues for quite a tough case. As I have gastroparesis and multiple chemical sensitivity and my case goes well beyond just needing a diet change and some probiotics. I'm a very low weight and ideally need some experience with getting elemental nutrition.

Someone in the South/London would be ideal. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would be keen on being tested for SIBO and somehow being accurately tested for nutritional deficiencies without fleecing me for expensive tests which may not help.

Many thanks,

Hi Kontra,

Did you find a good Dr in the end? I'm on the hunt for the exact same thing now, and it's difficult knowing where to start!

Thanks, Sunni