When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Difficulty distinguishing between methylation issues and other issues ie..normal flus, hormones etc

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Tiffani, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Tiffani

Tiffani

Hello,

Methylation start up sure is tricky isn't it? I've been at it for awhile on the deadlock quartet, plus lectithin, zinc, magnesium, bcaas. Started low, going slow. I also am slowly tapering hyrdrocortisone down, and titrating pregnenolone and DHEA to compensate and hopefully retrain a blunted HPA axis.

However, since bumping up b12 to 2000ish (divided by two in the morning) and solgar metafolin to 1200 (divided by three throughout the day), I feel hit by a truck. Flu-like achiness and exhaustion. Migraines. This is coinciding with a nasty sinus long lasting infection.

Do others find it hard to distinguish symptoms of methylation from other possible causes? Particularly, normal dips in energy from flu season, and more interestingly, as a woman, from hormonal fluctuations, such as what comes with trying to balance hormones and other factors such as endometriosis, and blunted HPAGPA axis?

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I was fortunate to have a small set of symptoms while implementing methylation. Your symptoms are not familiar to me. But a lot of things can get triggered when the cells start getting what they've been deficient in. The 2nd link in my signature is a compilation of Freddd's comments. You'll find some symptom lists there. Good luck tracking this down.:nerd:

See more popular forum discussions.