• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Difficulty distinguishing between methylation issues and other issues ie..normal flus, hormones etc

Hello,

Methylation start up sure is tricky isn't it? I've been at it for awhile on the deadlock quartet, plus lectithin, zinc, magnesium, bcaas. Started low, going slow. I also am slowly tapering hyrdrocortisone down, and titrating pregnenolone and DHEA to compensate and hopefully retrain a blunted HPA axis.

However, since bumping up b12 to 2000ish (divided by two in the morning) and solgar metafolin to 1200 (divided by three throughout the day), I feel hit by a truck. Flu-like achiness and exhaustion. Migraines. This is coinciding with a nasty sinus long lasting infection.

Do others find it hard to distinguish symptoms of methylation from other possible causes? Particularly, normal dips in energy from flu season, and more interestingly, as a woman, from hormonal fluctuations, such as what comes with trying to balance hormones and other factors such as endometriosis, and blunted HPAGPA axis?

ahmo

I was fortunate to have a small set of symptoms while implementing methylation. Your symptoms are not familiar to me. But a lot of things can get triggered when the cells start getting what they've been deficient in. The 2nd link in my signature is a compilation of Freddd's comments. You'll find some symptom lists there. Good luck tracking this down.:nerd: