Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dietary Fiber and Intestinal Permeability

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by adreno, Jan 20, 2016.

1. adreno

adreno PR activist

http://www.mdheal.org/leakygut.htm

Richard7, rosie26, Crux and 1 other person like this.
  2. adreno

adreno PR activist

3. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    "FOS fermentation increased fecal wet weight, bifidobacteria, lactobacilli, and lactic acid. Consumption of FOS increased flatulence and intestinal bloating."

When I have a lot of soluble fiber, this happens.

I like Dr. Galland, he seems to not have a bias, recommending whatever works best.

That's a mighty large list of resources.

4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    This is good to hear about insoluble fibre, and yet, I greatly improved my 30+ years of IBS-C with lots of daily acacia powder over a one year period. It's soluble fibre. Improved my IBS by about 80%.

Be wary that insoluble fibre really aggravates IBS for many people. When I had IBS, insoluble fibre gave me terrible pains, bloating, etc, which is very common.

I can now eat both type of fibre with no problems but did do other treatments after the acacia too.

Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.