August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Diatomaceous earth - who has used it, and with what results?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by sianrecovery, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Ayaju

San Diego, CA
    I want to know too! I started taking DE, but stopped due to a cold. I'll get back to it when I feel better.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if taking 1T of DE every-other day is enough to kill parasites?
    And I'm wondering what side effects there are from the die-off?
    I'm even wondering if DE kills candida?

I have sent a couple emails to the DE folks, but no reply.

Thanks, Judy
  2. soccer_dude

I've tried DE. I'm on my second week. I feel pretty good after taking a dose. No negative side-effect up until recently.

I now feel dehydrated and constipated. I feel like I have a cement brick in my gut. I drink a lot of water, so not sure what to do. I'm taking a day off to see if that helps. Is there anything that you can take with it to help it be less drying?

3. outdamnspot

outdamnspot Senior Member

I've tried both DE and Bentonite Clay -- both make me feel dehydrated and kind of unwell, but I end up passing what I'm pretty sure are worms in my stool the next day. I did have a 3-sample parasite test recently that was negative, but I'll bring this up to my doctor anyway.

Should we presume anyone with CFS and a dysfunctional gut/immune system are going to have parasites (kind of like how Candida is more a symptom of other issues), or can they cause problems in themselves?

See more popular forum discussions.