1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Diary of a PWC on the Methylation Block Protocol

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by zenzero-2001, Jan 4, 2012.

1. zenzero-2001

zenzero-2001

Maybe I should try leaving the MegaFolinic (Folinic acid) off for a bit and just take the FolaPro? Is FolaPro similar / the same as methylfolate? It is L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate. Thanks.

Zen

2. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Zen, I stopped all folic acid, and folinic acid in food, 3 weeks ago, to test paradoxical folate deficiency (along with supplementation etc.).

I've had psoriasis on my ankles from earliest childhood. Two spots are completely healed - looks like normal skin for the first time I can remember. The rest is 80% better.

Madie

3. zenzero-2001

zenzero-2001

It has been over a month since my last post. I'm not feeling any better. Today I have a bad head, sore throat etc etc. I'm so frustrated with my life. I can't go to the gym. I can't date. I'm sick of it :( I feel like I've lost my life and that I will never get it back. I have been told that life changes, but it is not true I've been stuck like this for over 6 years now. I'm getting old and I've lost the best years of my life. It is a waste. I cannot find a relationship, I get so lonely. Who wants to be with chronically ill person? I want to be alive :(

I've reduced my anti-depressants (almost stopped) because I don't want to rely on them and I am concerned about long term side effects. I don't think they address the cause of my depression they are just a plaster. I'm still taking the whey powder, methylfolate, selenium. I've started taking niacinamide (which I took in the past). Occasionally, I am taking SAMe (400mg) to try and replace the anti-depressants - I don't think they do anything. Also, trying some glutImmune to help my bowel problems and IBS.

My eczema seems to be improving since I have begun put Dermol cream on it. That is about the only good thing.

4. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Zen.

Yes, those three are the same. Also Metafolin, MethylMate B, and Deplin (though Deplin is a higher dosage).

Best regards,

Rich

5. zenzero-2001

zenzero-2001

Thanks for the info Rich,

Sorry for the outburst earlier, think I'm coming off my anti-depressants too fast.

6. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, zen.

No problem here. I hope things will start to look up for you.

Best regards,

Rich

7. zenzero-2001

zenzero-2001

I haven't been on the forums for a few months. Quite a lot has changed since my last post, although I am still ill. I completely stopped my anti-depressants at the end of March and am only occasionally depressed.

I finished my bottle of FolaPro a couple of weeks ago. I don't think the methylation protocol has worked for me. I will post some more info about my situation soon, not sure whether to continue this thread or start a new one.

8. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Zenzero,

Perhaps its's time to try the active b12 protocol, revised, which is many times more effective at starting methylation and then goes WAY beyond methylation.

See more popular forum discussions.