• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dianabol (methandrostenolone)

hi forum haven't posted in a long time, I made a thread sometime last year about the Effects of Anabolic Steroids in CFS patients. I decided to try a low dose of Dianabol (methandrostenolone) run for 5 weeks with clomid and milk thistle as PCT. brain fog has gone, 0 pain, stronger, more alert, gained a healthy weight, TMJ gone. I'm able to lift medium weights with no tiredness and feel somewhat normal again I had been deciding to try amanolics for over 5 years finally plucked up the courage to try it, it's worked for my CFS symptoms I don't know the science behind the drug or it's chemistry and what it targets in the body but it's targeted something for the better. Just leaving it here to let you know what's worked for me. Wouldn't recommend using this long term maybe 3 times per year at most.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Look at moving to an injectable which are much safer then oral drugs especially on liver stress. Injectable hormones have virtually no issues with the liver compared to oral hormones like dbol.

What dose did you take? Did you have prior prior total and free testosterone levels done and estrodiol.

Dbol and nandrolone ive read recently are the only 2 anabolics that dont lower cortisol levels, so this may help maintain energy. I think cfs is more catabolic than neutral, so anything pushing it towards anabolic processes is a positive thing. Also increase in blood volume can help orthostatic dysfunction.

Heard good things about dbol for most who use it say energy is better and recovery processes have greatly improved.

Look at moving to an injectable which are much safer then oral drugs especially on liver stress. Injectable hormones have virtually no issues with the liver compared to oral hormones like dbol.

What dose did you take? Did you have prior prior total and free testosterone levels done and estrodiol.

Dbol and nandrolone ive read recently are the only 2 anabolics that dont lower cortisol levels, so this may help maintain energy. I think cfs is more catabolic than neutral, so anything pushing it towards anabolic processes is a positive thing. Also increase in blood volume can help orthostatic dysfunction.

Heard good things about dbol for most who use it say energy is better and recovery processes have greatly improved.

Hi mate, I dosed at 30mg (Monday Wed Frid) My Test range was apparently normal but i wasn't convinced it was normal as i had the body type of an 18 Year old at 24. Estrodiol was never checked here in the uk docs don't give a rats ass about checking up on anything the first thing they ask is as you depressed, They don't seem to grasp the fact that when something is out of whack in the body that's what causes the depression.I was also doing weekly b 12 injections myself this is another thing they wouldn't do for me. But back to the d bol i've also read it helps Fibro patients with severe pain, i wonder what it does to the body accept add natural test and muscle. I will look into injectables next time.

heapsreal

Hi mate, I dosed at 30mg (Monday Wed Frid) My Test range was apparently normal but i wasn't convinced it was normal as i had the body type of an 18 Year old at 24. Estrodiol was never checked here in the uk docs don't give a rats ass about checking up on anything the first thing they ask is as you depressed, They don't seem to grasp the fact that when something is out of whack in the body that's what causes the depression.I was also doing weekly b 12 injections myself this is another thing they wouldn't do for me. But back to the d bol i've also read it helps Fibro patients with severe pain, i wonder what it does to the body accept add natural test and muscle. I will look into injectables next time.
Total T range is quite broad. You could be within range for an 80yo male. T ranges are rediculous, also many have a low free T but drs ignore that test also.
Dbol as a replacement dose is said to be 15mg a day but long term use is hard on kidneys. Why its good to look into an injectable.

10mg of dianabol is enough to give me good mild euphoria, energy, motivation in gym. I am also on trt, though. Im actually considering taking something like 5mg dianabol everyday as part of trt. It is the most feel good steroid i have tried.

I also have nandrolone, which I may try, just wanting to get gut issues in check first as these drugs tend to lower immunity.

Last edited:

heapsreal

I also have nandrolone, which I may try, just wanting to get gut issues in check first as these drugs tend to lower immunity.

Theres hiv research showing the opposite, nandrolone increasing nk function or t cell numbers etc. I think alot is hear say when we hear that steroids low immunity as many drs cant distinguish the difference between anabolic steroids and cortical steroids and just bundle them all together.

Theres hiv research showing the opposite, nandrolone increasing nk function or t cell numbers etc. I think alot is hear say when we hear that steroids low immunity as many drs cant distinguish the difference between anabolic steroids and cortical steroids and just bundle them all together.

I have seen those studies, and noticed that viral load in nandrolone treated groups went up, same with testosterone groups, even though they had better immune markers in other areas. I am fairly certain androgens lower some arm of immunity, but it is a complex topic. I think the higher nk cells etc is because in context of treating wasting, having the trade off of more muscle mass is worth the downside of somewhat suppressed immunity. So I mean, whatever level of increased viral load the patient gets, is made less of a downside because their other immune markers as a result of gaining weight and training, etc went up. Not to mention these were just 12-16 week studies, in the long run they might have gotten even healthier. So it is too simplistic to say anabolics lower or raise immunity, it depends who you are treating. As far as I know, deca is not really used for that purpose widely anymore, it is replaced with Serostim rHGH, which I imagine does all the positives with less negative. I believe deca is not even officially produced by a brand name pharmaceutical company anymore, if that tells you anything about how much it is used therapeutically in modern medicine.

Fwiw, there are case studies showing proliferation of some types of infection in people on anabolics for bodybuilding. If i recall correctly, th1 is suppressed and th2 is supported, but dont quote me on that. I remember one about a kid who got really bad fungal sinus infection, and nandrolone basically "hid" the infection from his immune system, presumably because nandrolone aka deca induces il-10 cytokine, which tells the inflammation process to cool down. There were a couple more case studies examining similar situations. I read one about winstrol as well.

If anabolics give you the energy and results in muscle, and that increased activity and wellness, (and the pain relief from nandrolone specifically) offsets their negatives, and the user does a good job of making sure their infection issues are under reasonable control, then of course it is a benefit. But the topic is complex, one needs to be able to approach it with care and good info. Cycle length and dose also matters. There are some complicated inverse effects on neurotransmitters and cytokines depending on length of use that i doubt many people have a clear handle on.

Some steroids are better for therapeutic use than others, for example trenbolone I cant imagine would help a CFSer because it harms sleep structure, this I know anecdotally, but it is very effective in building muscle and abolishing fatigue through the increased motivation. Dianabol is liver toxic but it makes most people feel very good, quickly puts on weight. Deca/nandrolone is a noted anti inflammatory but damages heart and blood vessels many times more than just plain testosterone, and testosterone is a good all around hormone and safest in replacement doses long term but can cause androgenic issues in higher doses and usually requires other health harming drugs to control. If a sufferer can harness these to better their lifestyle and achieve better treatment outcomes than without, they should be free to use them responsibly, but for someone in a more unwell condition, anything beyond TRT is probably a bad idea, for the obvious reason I believe you should be physically well enough to do some regimented training to offset the negative health effects (which you can minimize, but never really avoid totally) and make it a valid trade off. Otherwise it is just recreational drug abuse and will leave you worse off.

Im on 70mg test a week right now, but i plan to do a few cycles of nandrolone soon, i think the increased muscle mass and wellness will help in long run, but i want to be sure to get my dysbiosis and whatever infection issues i may have under control first. I dont want to risk getting unhealthier on a cycle.

I think anabolic steroids can definately help. They helped me retain most muscle mass during long periods of relative inactivity and unwellness. My goal is to use them as health tools now, rather than as shortcuts or things of abuse. In any case, i will post details here and do my best to get comprehensive immune and other labwork done so other users here can benefit from informed decisions.

Last edited:

heapsreal

I think anabolic steroids can definately help. They helped me retain most muscle mass during long periods of relative inactivity and unwellness. My goal is to use them as health tools now, rather than as shortcuts or things of abuse. In any case, i will post details here and do my best to get comprehensive immune and other labwork done so other users here can benefit from informed decisions.

Agree, theres so much conflict even amongst the research itself. One thing thats obvious is that if your natural T levels are low, all your health risks are increased. Even cardiovascular risks are increased with low T and can improve with replacement therapy.

I think theres alot more to it than just increasing lean body mass, like stimulating bone marrow production is important in immunity. Theres strong links between testosterone, dopamine and cognitive function and alot more. But like everything its trial and error to see how it benefits each person.

With nandrolone and damage to heart and blood vessels it seems to be related to calcium build up and is negated by vitamin K2 which basically puts the calcium in the bones rather than elsewhere. Something alot of guys use while on nandrolone.

Interesting to see how you go. I will follow with interest.