• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diagnosis Unknown - Story of CFS Recovery

xks201

I'm sorry but stories like this make me want to throw up in my mouth. How someone could have sinus problems that bad and not know it is beyond me. Obvious fixes like this just make me somewhat bitter to how hard some of have worked to treat ourselves for far less obvious causes such as genetic defects etc. This is not the first case of sinus problems causing cfs I have heard. A long time ago I did have stuffed sinuses and the symptoms were so painfully obvious at that time. I currently do not have sinus issues.

Wayne

Cavitation issues are not about sinuses, they're about bones within the oral cavity that have become infected, and which usually do not exhibit any overt symptoms such as pain. --- From the introductory paragraph of the article I linked:
"a cavitation is a cavity or hole of infection in a bone. In surgical nomenclature however, cavitation surgery is the term for the dental surgical procedure that removes diseased bone from within this cavity so that new healthy bone can grow back."

Ian

Actually teeth in the maxilla sit at the sinus floor. A lot of people with persistent sinus problems have cavitations and or dead teeth in their upper jaw. From my own experience anyway, I would say these problems are probably the primary driver for CFS for a lot of people. And they go undetected simply because most of the time infection won't show up on x-ray, unless there is extensive bone destruction. And sometimes even with extensive bone destruction (in my own case) it still doesn't show up.