• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detox: where to go from here? Cholestyramine, methylation?

Adlyfrost

I am convinced my body is harboring something toxic. My guess is second hand smoke chemicals, esp. since I have a lot of lymphatic drainage in my respiratory tract (even though I have no allergies or cold symptoms now). This drainage is just out of the blue. And the more it drains, the better I feel.

Where should I go from here? Any suggestions?

Any detox treatment suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

caledonia

If your body is already draining out toxins, maybe you're already doing something right? If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

That being said, there are a zillion ways to detox. If you go too fast, you may end up feeling worse as the toxins come out.

Methylation will increase detox by increasing glutathione, the body's major antioxidant and chemical detoxifier.

Cholestyramine will pull out minerals as it's detoxing other stuff, so you may need to replace those. Same with other metal detoxing supps.

I'm thinking maybe FIR sauna or regular infrared sauna for the lungs/lymph. Same caveat on minerals and also hydration for sauna.

Adlyfrost

Question about methylation: Would it be dangerous to try each supplement individually before attempting treatment to see how my body reacts? Would like to start with methylfolate by itself because I have never taken it- in a very small dose.