1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Detox Causes Major Body Fatigue Upon Waking Up

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by taroki, Sep 11, 2013.

1. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    My body is extremely fatigued when I wake up after taking detox supplements the day prior. It's as if my body has utilized all its resources while detoxing overnight. Yesterday it was L'Ornithine, previously I had tried Enterosgel, RestorX, Xymogen's OptiCleanse GHI and others which are suppose to cause no side effects in normal people.

Anyone know why this is? Would more glutathione or L-glutamine help?

I haven't got my 23andMe results yet, but I suspect MTHFR and CBS mutations based on what I have read on this forum so far.

Really this is the main thing stopping me from continuing detox right now (and I do feel better after detox otherwise).

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I am not sure that your body being tired from doing its work would be considered a side effect. Perhaps if you took less of the supplements and slowed down the detox you would not get as tired.

Recovering from almost any type of illness is work for your body and often requires extra rest.

Plum likes this.
  3. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

I always feel worse on waking without doing any treatment. Could this mean I have a detoxing problem?

4. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    hmm .... so it's normal to feel like you've been run over by a truck in the morning after detox? My bf has tried almost everything I have, and although he has many toxins as well he doesn't have these major fatigue/herx symptoms like I do (he is much stronger and bigger than me).

5. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    I have gone through this, esp. when using SMP supplements. I have found a lot of relief just by taking minerals in the morning. If I"m really bad I leave them by the bedside.

See this post for more info:

August59 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.