I have severe ME and lived for 22? years I think it was in an extremely water damaged building with severe mold issues at times (my house would even make some of my visitors start to cough and complain about mold smell.. interestingly.. many of my visitors could smell it more then I could, I guess I got used to it). Just before I recently moved out.. a contractor had recommended the gov housing agency I rented this house from to actually replace the whole roof rather then just patching it up again as had been done several times before (stupid housing agency thou just went and patched it up yet again.. so now the new tennet is living in this place). . There was water marks in several areas where water had been running in the roof and then down into the walls. (it used to then end up pooling up between the cracks of my wooden floor boards.