The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by slayadragon, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

2. foxy loxy

foxy loxy

stetson28

I am on quite a lot of things. I am on Mepron, Azithromycin, Cryptolepis, Coartem, Clindamycin, and recently added in Daraprim. I am doing better!!! Yes, that is all for Babesia. ;)

I am not on any meds particularly for Bartonella, and I believe Clindamycin can hit Lyme a bit.

If you have questions you could start a private conversation so we don't hijack this thread about mycotoxins!

All the best!

3. MNC

MNC Senior Member

What is the current situation with this? Anyone improved doing something?

4. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    @Ifish -- 'Rinsing' you sinuses w/Bactoferm...

Do you have a recipe that has worked for you? In other words, how much sterilized water to how much Bactoferm? Also, I'm assuming there's no histamine reaction with l. sakei despite that when it's used for meats, it helps produce histamine?

I've asked a few questions on that blog over the last year, but haven't taken the leap. Good to hear it's helping you. Another to consider is l. plantarum if you have issues with dust mites.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Abha and IThinkImTurningJapanese like this.
  5. Ifish

Ifish Senior Member

Dan,
    I mix 1/8 tsp in 5ml distilled water. Any way you can send it up your nose is fine. I use a NasoNeb. Of all the substances I have sent up my nose over the years this is the most pleasant. It is very mild.

Abha and dannybex like this.
  6. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Thanks @Ifish -- good to know it's mild. I hope to get some in the next month and give it a try.

7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. i think i contaminated my EDTA solution thanks to my brain not working at all. my local doctor wont prescribe it.i brought it from the USA. so now i am wondering...has anyone done just the Nystatin and had good results?

i read a 2015 paper by Brewer where he said its possible EDTA wouldnt be needed.

8. Ifish

Ifish Senior Member

I stopped using the EDTA ever a long time ago. I am fairly sure it is not necessary. Brewer has told me that he has other patients who quit the EDTA and have done as well without it

9. Abha

Abha Abha

UK

10. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

I started on brewers new formula & got flu symptoms: swollen lymph nodes runny nose & 2 nights if hellacious brain inflammation.

I don’t recall the last time I got a cold or flu BUT my boyfriend had just gotten over one.

I asked Brewer if it could be an IRIS reaction . He said yes.

So 2/3 days of a nasal spray & boom immune activation...weird right?

I stopped the nasal spray but the cold is passing now.

11. Charles555nc

Charles555nc Senior Member

I use EDTA suppositories, Its great for preventing heart disease (calcium chelator) and it breaks down biofilms, makes me feel more normal in the short term.

As far as herxing:
    I was on cholestyramine for mold/lyme and hit a huge herx, I heard using other binders for the cholestyrmine might help so I took a scoop of glucomannan and later pooped out a short rope of fungus practically and that helped with the herxing. I was shocked because I do a low sugar diet and try and eat healthy most of the time.

12. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

The edta is just a biofilm buster.,,the antifungal is the core of the treatment.

I wasn’t herxing. I was having an inflammatory reaction..maybe histamine. Maybe metals.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 10:01 PM
  13. stetson28

stetson28 If it aint broke don't fix it...but.

Richmond Virginia
    I have always had trouble disiguishing herx vs macas/cirs. I usually just do a 1 oz shot of pure lemon juice on an empty stomach, in 15 minutes I get about 90 minutes of relief if it is a mycotoxin/endotoxin herx but I get no relief or change at all if it is a histamine/mast cell/ peroxide inflammatory response.

See more popular forum discussions.