• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detailed report by Dr Ros Vallings on the recent IACFS/ME conference

paul80

Thanks for this.

The margin is fine If you just zoom in then move the screen to the right. Although this is no use if you want to print it.

Last edited:

Tom Kindlon

Note that this is a link to version 2. Dr Vallings said she had made an error in version 1 in the section on the synergy trial for CFS (Dr Bateman, page 3).
i.e.
Lucinda Bateman (Salt Lake City,USA) reported on the Synergy Trial for CFS – The phase 2 study uses low-dose methylphenindate plus mitochondrial support. (A previous trial reported by Blockmans had been positive). In the phase 1 trial there was 25% improvement in 87% of patients. In the Phase 2 trial there was a strong placebo response noted, and although symptoms were decreased in the majority of ME/CFS patients, statistical significance was not achieved. 2 subgroups had the greatest response: the severe group and those with both fatigue and pain. There were no obvious ill effects. There was a long list of nutrients in the support formula.

Not
Lucinda Bateman (Salt Lake City,USA) reported on the Synergy Trial for CFS - The phase 2 study uses low-dose methylphenindate plus mitochondrial support. (A previous trial reported by Blockmans had been positive). In the phase 1 trial there was 20% improvement in 32% of patients. In the Phase 2 trial there was a strong placebo response noted, and although symptoms were decreased in the majority of ME/CFS patients, statistical significance was not achieved. 2 subgroups had the greatest response: the severe group and those with both fatigue and pain. There were no obvious ill effects. There was a long list of nutrients in the support formula.

Perhaps somebody can make a PDF of the new version.

Last edited: