1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Desperately need help with failed Klonopin/Valium taper - life is a mess

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Esperanza, Jan 8, 2012.

1. runner64

runner64

Hi Ocean, if you read this thread you'll see ambien is a z-drug, and z-drugs are lunesta, imovane, sonata, ambien.

They go to the same place in the brain as benzodiazipines. The only difference between all of them are subtleties in chemical changes establishing half lives as you realized and sedations. They are essentially ALL the same drug. Same rules therefore apply to z-drugs and benzodiazpines. They are treated like the same drug as the same taper rules apply to z-drugs, as benzodiazipines.

If one has trouble coming down off of one due to symptoms, you cross to valium which has the longest half life.

What Dr. Heather Ashton says about benzos and z-drugs warning. She's one of the ONLY doctors globally that had withdrawal clinics and studied these drugs and people on them. Decades of experience but the ministry of health buried her info due to these pills making so much money.

http://www.psychmedaware.org/HistoryBenzodiazepines.html
    excerpt:
    The Z Drugs
    Half-Lives and Equivalent Potencies of Z-Drugs

These are not chemically benzodiazepines but they bind to GABA receptor complexes which are close to or actually coupled with benzodiazepine receptors. They are said to be more selective, binding mainly to the a1 GABA receptor subtype which mediates the hypnotic effects of benzodiazepines. In practice they are not all that selective and have much the same actions as benzodiazepines. In the UK, the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE), which advises the Health Service on optimum drug use, recommended that Z drugs should be used for short-term treatment only (24 weeks) and then only as second line treatments after benzodiazepines. They concluded that the Z drugs produced the same therapeutic and adverse effects as benzodiazepine hypnotics, including tolerance, dependence and abuse, and were also more expensive.
  2. runner64

runner64

You can't taper a benzo using an opiate.

Different drug, goes to a different part of the brain, you will be in withdrawal from the benzo as it won't relieve the symptoms, and you will become dependent on the opiate.

Huge trouble.

Tapering off a shorter life benzo you cross to valium:
    Excerpt:
    http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm#5

(1) Consult your doctor and pharmacist..............

Your doctor's agreement and co-operation is necessary since he/she will be prescribing the medication. Many doctors are uncertain how to manage benzodiazepine withdrawal and hesitate to undertake it. But you can reassure your doctor that you intend to be in charge of your own program and will proceed at whatever pace you find comfortable, although you may value his advice from time to time. It is important for you to be in control of your own schedule. Do not let your doctor impose a deadline. Leave yourself free to "proceed as the way openeth", as the Quakers say.

====

Cross to a longer life benzo, for z-drugs too, not just from klonopin or ativan or other benzos. If one is having problems discontinuing the z-drugs (sleeping pills), due to the strong dependence which genetics decides:
    Excerpt:
    http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm#13

With relatively short-acting benzodiazepines such as alprazolam (Xanax) and lorazepam (Ativan) (Table 1, Chapter I), it is not possible to achieve a smooth decline in blood and tissue concentrations. These drugs are eliminated fairly rapidly with the result that concentrations fluctuate with peaks and troughs between each dose. It is necessary to take the tablets several times a day and many people experience a "mini-withdrawal", sometimes a craving, between each dose.

For people withdrawing from these potent, short-acting drugs it is advisable to switch to a long-acting, slowly metabolised benzodiazepine such as diazepam. Diazepam (Valium) is one of the most slowly eliminated benzodiazepines. It has a half-life of up to 200 hours, which means that the blood level for each dose falls by only half in about 8.3 days.

====

Good basic info on help to come off of z-drugs (sleeping pills, ambien, lunesta, imovane, sonata) info of course sourced from Dr. Heather Ashton.
    An excerpt:
    http://www.non-benzodiazepines.org.uk/z-drugs.html

Withdrawing from Z drugs

Withdrawing directly from the Z drugs can be particularly problematic because the Z drugs are short acting drugs. This can lead to day time withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, agitation, headaches, nausea, muscle spasms and a range of symptoms similar to benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms.

In order to reduce these day time withdrawal symptoms if one is experiencing them and in order to allow for stable dose levels of a benzodiazepine acting drug a switch to diazepam is the prefered method of withdrawing from Z drugs. The reasons for a diazepam taper are its long half life and availability in low potency doses.

====

If someone is coming off of a z-drug and benzo together, they combine the equivalencies of the two together and taper off one amount. This is after crossing over to the equivalent amount of the 2 combined, into the longer benzo valium (diazepam).

benzo equivalency converter
    http://www.benzodocs.com/converter.php

z-drug(sleeping pill) converting to valium scroll halfway down.
    http://www.bcnc.org.uk/

====

A gentle easy daily micro taper that is very good at reducing withdrawal symptoms and they offer phone support. They have done seminars for doctors in their state, this taper is very successful.

www.benzofreedom.com

Serious, professional, and promoting awareness for people dependent not knowing how to discontinue. Much more gentle than even Dr. Ashton's method of 10% cuts every two weeks.

Why? Because the daily amount of liquid titration daily micro reduction when reduced tricks the brain into it not knowing it is losing benzo.

They use whole fat milk tapering off of klonopin or valium.

Why whole fat milk?

It is fat soluble with ONLY klonopin and valium. ONLY those 2 benzos. When the benzo is mixed with the milk, the benzo binds 100% evenly with the milk and when pulled by syringe you get an ACCURATE measure.

Not the case with milk and water and other benzos.
  3. runner64

runner64

Who is Dr. Heather Ashton?
    http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha00.htm

The Ashton Manual:

INTRODUCTION

THE ASHTON MANUAL SUPPLEMENT, APRIL 2011

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PROFESSOR ASHTON, JANUARY 2007

Professor Ashton would like to draw attention to the following points which are mentioned in the manual but not always heeded by doctors or patients:

It is worth pointing out to your prescriber that the withdrawal schedules provided in the manual are only intended as general guides. The rate of tapering should never be rigid but should be flexible and controlled by the patient, not the doctor, according to the patient's individual needs which are different in every case.

The decision to withdraw is also the patient's decision and should not be forced by the doctor.

Note that alcohol acts like benzodiazepines and should be used, if at all, in strict moderation as advised in this manual.

Antibiotics for some reason, sometimes seem to aggravate withdrawal symptoms. However, one class of antibiotics, the quinolones, actually displace benzodiazepines from their binding sites on GABA-receptors. These can precipitate acute withdrawal in people taking or tapering from benzodiazepines. It may be necessary to take antibiotics during benzodiazepine withdrawal but if possible the quinolones should be avoided. (There are at least six different quinolones - ask your doctor if in doubt).

C. H. Ashton, January 2007

====

Unfortunately, the benzodiazepine saga is far from over. Despite the fact that benzodiazepines are only recommended for short-term use, there are still about half a million long-term benzodiazepine users in the UK who have often been prescribed benzodiazepines for years. Many of these people have problems with adverse effects including dependence and withdrawal reactions, for which they receive little advice or support. The problem is even greater in countries (Greece, India, South America and others) where benzodiazepines are available over the counter. Because of widespread prescribing and easy availability, benzodiazepines have now, in addition, entered the "drug scene". They are taken illicitly in high doses by 90% of polydrug abusers world-wide, unleashing new and dangerous effects (AIDS, hepatitis, and risks to the next generation) which were undreamt of when they were introduced into medicine as a harmless panacea nearly 50 years ago.

I hope this booklet will provide information of value to benzodiazepine users unable to find advice elsewhere and perhaps raise awareness in the medical profession about the dangers of excessive or long-term benzodiazepine prescribing. The main credit for any use this monograph may be should go to Geraldine Burns in the USA, Rand M Bard in Canada, and Ray Nimmo and Carol Packer in the UK for their energy, enthusiasm and expertise in producing and distributing this booklet and making it available to people on the Internet throughout the world.

Heather Ashton
    January 2001

====

ABOUT PROFESSOR C HEATHER ASHTON, DM, FRCP

Chrystal Heather Ashton DM, FRCP is Emeritus Professor of Clinical Psycho-pharmacology at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

Professor Ashton is a graduate of the University of Oxford and obtained a First Class Honours Degree (BA) in Physiology in 1951. She qualified in Medicine (BM, BCh, MA) in 1954 and gained a postgraduate Doctor of Medicine (DM) in 1956. She qualified as MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians, London) in 1958 and was elected FRCP (Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London) in 1975. She also became National Health Service Consultant in Clinical Psychopharmacology in 1975 and National Health Service Consultant in Psychiatry in 1994.

She has worked at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne as researcher (Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader and Professor) and clinician since 1965, first in the Department of Pharmacology and latterly in the Department of Psychiatry. Her research has centred, and continues, on the effects of psychotropic drugs (nicotine, cannabis, benzodiazepines, antidepressants and others) on the brain and behaviour in man. Her main clinical work was in running a benzodiazepine withdrawal clinic for 12 years from 1982-1994.

She is at present involved with the North East Council for Addictions (NECA) of which she is former Vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee on which she still serves. She continues to give advice on benzodiazepine problems to counsellors and is patron of the Bristol & District Tranquilliser Project. She was generic expert in the UK benzodiazepine litigation in the 1980s and has been involved with the UK organisation Victims of Tranquillisers (VOT). She has submitted evidence about benzodiazepines to the House of Commons Health Select Committee.

She has published approximately 250 papers in professional journals, books and chapters in books on psychotropic drugs of which over 50 concern benzodiazepines. She has given evidence to various Government committees on tobacco smoking, cannabis and benzodiazepines and has given invited lectures on benzodiazepines in the UK, Australia, Sweden, Switzerland and other countries.

Professor Ashton may be contacted at:
    Department of Psychiatry
    Royal Victoria Infirmary
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    NE1 4LP
    England UK
  4. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Thanks Runner. I realize they act similarly, which is why I brought it up to Nielk.
  5. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

Hi Neilk.

Don't even think about iot. That is all about opioid. You substitute a synthetic opioid agonist/antagonist with antagonist for the opioid. It has absolutely zero to do with benzos, completely different.
  6. Esperanza

Esperanza

England
    Hi Nielk,

I tried to PM you but your message box was full.

Freddd is right - suboxone is used for opioid w/d and has nothing to do with benzo w/d. Could be really dangerous to do that and won't help with benzo taper or benzo w/d and tolerance symptoms.

I am currently following Freddd's taper plan and it makes a lot of sense and so far has been easier on me than all the other methods mentioned here.

PM Freddd and he can get you started with a taper plan that will be gentle on your system and manageable - he can adjust the rate of the taper to as slow as you like or can tolerate.

Don't let the tolerance w/d get really bad as the taper will be more difficult the longer you postpone it and tolerance w/d gets worse over time and can become a nightmare.

Love Esperanza x
    Ocean likes this.
  7. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thanks Esperanza,

I'm glad you are on your way to a successful withdrawal. All the best for an easy full withdrawal.

Nielk
  8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    It seems like I'm finding myself in a major dilemma with no one qualified to help me. I am taking a big toll on my health because of my becoming tolerant to my current dose of 3mg each night of Klonopin. I have over 4 years increased the amount that was therapeutic fr me till a year ago when I got frightened from the horror stories and remained at the same dosage, I am currently having side effects from withdrawal from Klonopin just by staying on the same dosage, The side effects are getting worse/. I'm basically feeling like I'm losing my mind. To add insult to injury, my doctor prescribed an SSRI to help me to withdraw from Klonpin. I had very bad reactions just ten days on it so I tapere off the SSRIA and had a major breakdown drom that withdrawal. I had to go back on it (or else be hospitalized), So now besides haven the impossible task of withdrawing from Klonopin, I have the anguish of being on an SSRI with bad side effects which I can;t get off of. Of course all this has aggravated my already daily headaches my stomach issues abd flue like symptoms. In addition my insomnia that had been under control before with Ambien CR12,5 is very disturbed niw because of the SSRI. So I'm not sleeping much, I have constant excruciating headaches, stomach, feverish and sleep issues. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, It's like my body or brain or chemistry is so sensitive tat it just cannot endure this. No one seems to have an answer of how I can stabilize my brain. I feel like I'm not in control anymore and I don't know how much more abuse I can take. Freddd says that he can give me a schedule of how to titrate, I don't know how I can even attempt this before I stabilize somehow,Maybe what I really need is to first go up on the dose so that /I don't feel so sick. I really don't know what to do and am not sure why I'm bothering to write this excpe[t that what else is this forum for?
  9. Googsta

Googsta Doing Well

Australia
    ((HUGS)) NIELK. I am so sorry you are going through this, it sounds like absolute hell.
    I really have to THANK YOU & Esperanza as I had decided to give this drug a try after reading Cheney's theory. I am SO glad I read this thread beforehand.
    The insomnia is killing me, as is the anxiety & brain firing. I've literally had major seizures so it all sounded so logical, stopping the neurons firing etc. But it all sounds like a walk in the park compared to what you are enduring :sad:
    I pray you can hang in there with this, take each day as it comes, hour by hour if necessary. Thankyou again for sharing :hug:
    Nielk likes this.
  10. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    doxepin is probably a better alternative for an antidepressant as it has good effects on anxiety and sleep. I think it has been used to help people taper off benzo's. Talk to your doc about it?

cheers!!!
  11. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Neilk,

This is just my very amateur opinion, but if it were me, this is what I'd do. Increase the klonopin just enough so you are not in tolerance withdrawal. Then when you feel more stable from that, start a very slow taper that you can handle to get off the antidepressant. You haven't been on it long, so the sooner you can get off the better. I think the longer you wait the harder it may be.

Once you're off that and your brain has time to recover from the SSRI withdrawal, then begin a slow taper off klonopin. Seems like Fredd's taper was working for Esperanza, so maybe take a look at what he would recommend for you, once you're at that point.

I would not add an antidepressant again to help you with your klonopin taper. In my opinion it only adds a new set of problems as well as a new drug to have to withdraw from later. Plus for me, getting off these kinds of meds is a chance to allow my own brain and body to heal and do their job that the drugs have been doing for them. If I keep adding more meds to the mix, I don't allow my brain/body that chance to kick into gear on its own. That's what withdrawal is all about, the body stops doing certain things because the drug has been doing them for it, and when you reduce the drug the body is still used to slacking off and you will feel the symptoms since you have less drug and your own body hasn't kicked in yet to do the job. Eventually it does and it will. You just have to go very slow, do it safely, and have faith that it will happen for you.

I don't know if this will give you any hope, but I've been through some pretty severe withdrawals and it took a long time for my brain and emotions to start stabalizing, but they did do so over time. My cognition improved, my memory improved, my emotions stablized and much more. Keep the faith. I think if you up your klonopin now maybe you'll feel a bit more centered, and then from there can tackle the other stuff. One step at a time, I believe you can beat this over time. Thinking of you!
    Nielk likes this.
  12. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

Hi Neilk,

I do understand the problem you have. It is a vicious cycle. I don't know that there are any good answers at all. An increase to stabilize followed with immediate taper couldnmake sure you don't get accomodated at the higher level as well as break up the conditioned response cycle while still at the higher dose.

However, I suspect that micro-doses of mb12, mere crumbs of a 1mg tablet, might be the place to start. For me, the key to getting off of benzos after 14 years on them was the mb12. It allowed my nervous system to recover enough that merely return of symptoms, the reasons the benzos were being taken in the first place, didn't take place. Unless you remove the reasons for taking the benzos in the first place the symptoms for which you are taking them will return stronger than ever. Mb12 deficiency causes the nervous system to be hyper reactive causing all sorts of problems of the type for which benzos are prescribed. I KNOW this from experience. Over 14 years my problems got worse and worse. I was on benzos, Dilantin (anti-seizure med that worked well against neurological pain and hypsensitivity), Provigil (for narcolepsy because of totally messed up sleep), Compazine for nsuesea (related to antipsychotic) and a bunch of other meds. So just the benzos, compazine and Dilantin were 3 meds all 5000 pound gorillas sitting on my nervous system. I knew of no way at all to get off them becasue of the massive problems that would return without them. My problems were getting worse month by month even with them. Vicious cylces can be broken at any place to break the cycle. However, the consequences might be too severe to tolerate doing hings in the wrong order.

Being very familiar both personally and theoretically with every stage of these diseases/symptoms and these drugs with their effects and effectivenesses, with the problems of continuing and a potential route of healing and actually traveling that route of healing, I don't think I could have tapered the meds before healing enough to make them unnecessary. I reached a point that it was clear that I was dying. I had congestive heart failure that was getting worse. My nervous system was progressively failing. I was loosing the ability to read, drive, walk, balance, eat etc. You name it and I was loosing it. I was preparing for death. Keeping that in mind in this real life game of YOU BET YOUR LIFE, I placed my bets on mb12 and built on that. In the first year I healed enough to taper all those meds and more. If you know of anybody who has had better results of the exact kind that you need place your bets on your life with their program. Is NOT doing anything and continuing as you are a viable option for you? If it isn't I've given you my best analysis of your situation and the only thing I know of that might actually work and see you all the way out of this mess to actual recovery. As you are not improving the situation will likely keep geting worse as it did for me. Don't let fear and paralysis rule what remains of your life. I wouldn't be here now if I hadn't done what I did.
    Esperanza, Ocean and Googsta like this.
  13. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    WIRED AND TIRED WITH ANXIETY and HUGE STARTUP FROM TINY DOSES answers near

I have been working closely, from the beginning, with some people in the "wired and tired" (Thanks to Dannybex) characteristic. I am seeing some patterns and need some more information. I have reached an hypotheisis that I need to confirm or not as best as possible.

Also, is anxiety a present? Is it aggravated by the following supplements, or others?

For those with huge response to mb12, adb12, methylfolate, l-carnitine fumarate (or other carnitine) and having done or attempted a titration of any size onto these items.

Also, if the person has tried any benzos, their responses and also if they had anything like intradose withdrawal or "tolerance withdrawal" problems.

For anybody willing, please give me your email address in a private message and I will send an excel spreadsheet set up as a lifetime history of symptoms for all the symptoms on the list. I will be basing it on an updated list from what is already posted.

I believe I have a correct analytical solution and a possible protocol but I need more information to be sure.
  14. Esperanza

Esperanza

England
    Just to say

Having started Freddd's taper a while ago and also doing his active B12 protocol has resulted in a massive improvement for me.

I don't recognise the person I was when I started this thread. I was a complete mess back then and now things are so much better - the taper is gentle and easy on the system however bad (and I was a severe case!) benzo tolerance or/and interdose w/d is for anyone reading this. You can hardly tell you are tapering and it is so much better than other taper methods and makes so much more sense.

My taper is now going well and Freddd's Active B12 protocol is helping so much not only with the benzo taper but I am also starting to feel small improvements in my health.

I would thoroughly recommend both Freddd's taper method and the active B12 protocol!

Love Esperanza x
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  15. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I love happy endings... thanks for sharing Esperanza. I hope that gives a hope to others finding themselves in your shoes.
  16. paintngirl

paintngirl

Phoenix, Arizona
    Xandoff likes this.
  17. robertpcx

robertpcx

Hi,

I am concerned because of this and other articles I've read on benzodiazepines and allso because I have been prescribed clonazipam 1mg. at bedtime. Suggested to help with taper from gabapentin. Sleep or rather lack of sleep was allso prescribed zolpidem er 12.5 mg.

I have been on both of these for about a year now. Also of importance to note here I have successfully tapered off of gabapentin by instituting a multivitamin/magnesium supplement which completely eliminated my withdrawal symptomes which I experienced when tapering off of the gabapentin..

It has been suggested in medical literature that many of the withdrawal symptomes experienced from gabapentin withdrawal and posibly benzodiazepines are actually symptomes of a vitamin/magnesium defieciency precipitated by the use of these drugs and that the withdrawal symptomes experienced from gabapentin and perhaps bensodiazepines when tapering off of these drugs can be mitigated (lessoned in severity) by supplementing ones diet with vitamins and minerals And by eating more foods high in magnesium content. (magnesium in particular with B vitamins and D3) that these drugs tend to leach out of ones body system vitamins and minerals while taking these drugs.

Certainly this was the case with my gabapentin withdrawal (leg cramps, could not sleep, nausea, no appetite, a general mailaise, back aches, neck aches, teeth aches, anxiety, depression, facial ticks, excess saliva, and a general appathy which had me convinced that I would never be able to stop taking gabapentin because I could see no relief in sight. (withdrawal continued for longer than a month and the longer I persisted in holding off on reinstating the gabapentin the worse the withdrawal became, as if I now had anorexia and refused to eat because eating made me feel much worse. It was relentless and it appeared at the time that the only way to eliminate the withdrawal was to reinstate gabapentin at a higher dose than my current taper where I didn't experience withdrawal.

Then I read on the internet that someone was supplementing with a magnesium supplement to ease the discomfort of the withdrawal. My choices were limited,

#1: reinstate gabpentin and eliminate the withdrawal which I didn't want to do since the whole point of this exercise was to taper off of gabapentin.

#2: Try a magnesium supplement and possibly mitigate or lesson the severity of the gabapentin withdrawal to a tolerable level.

To me there really was no choice, I simply wanted off of the gabapentin since it was a failed experiment in the treatment of my Illness i,e, anxiety/depression.

I believe I have had a magnesium deficiency for much of my addult life and this is why I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I ate a lot of junk food and processed foods which processes out much of the magnesium.

I had in the past used Epsom Salts to reduce infection and swelling from a cut on my arm and had read that magnesium and the sulfate could be infused through the skin and mucous membraine in the mouth so I used the epsom salts as a swish like you would with mouth wash and then spit out the mild solution of epsom salt, swish for 15 or 20 seconds. (1 teaspoon epsom salts in 4 oz. of water) untill all the solution is gone and I repeted this swishing 4 times a day, actually a little less than a teaspoon but I think you can get the general idea. I followed this up with epsom salts baths (3 or 4 cups of epson salts in a bathtub full of hot not scalding hot water twice a day.

The results were astounding (admittedly I experienced diarea from the use of the epsom salts) but within 48 hours of the beginning of the epsom salts treatment my gabapentin withdrawal was reduced by 90% to 95% which I was able to tolerate quite well. and within a month I continued to taper down and off of the gabapentin.

Prior to this I had been attempting to taper off of gabapentin for nearly a year without any success. I had been taking gabapentin for more than 10 years 2400 mg. to 3000 mg. at bed time.

Continuing the epsom salts and later a magnesium supplement which was purchased on line. I continued to educate myself about magnesium and vitamins and how drugs leach these vitamins and minerals out of our systems. I increased my supplementation of vitamins and magnesium and within a month of discontinuation of the gabapentin. My withdrawal was 99% gone and not just that but my anxiety and depression were totally gone as well. No back pain the teeth aches were gone very few head aches and they were much milder. I still seem to suffer a sort of brain fogg but my appetite is back no more symptomes of anorexia. I feel just fine after I eat and I sleep much better now.

Any comment?
  18. Dfox

Dfox

Thanks paintingirl for the post. I am on a cocktail of meds and have not life. I have Lymes as well lousy genes. I just went back UP on a benzo for sleep, and have had diarrhea and myriads of other symptoms. I run low grade afternoon fevers and cannot get warm. I was thinking about TRYING to get well enough to go to a clinic in Scottsdale called Shae. I need help with bugs, sleep, pain, heart palps, bowels etc. If you have heard of them or anyone else up there let me know.

Thanks, Dfox
  19. Dfox

Dfox

Hi Esperanza, pretty new to this site. I have been doing Freddd's protocol about 3 weeks now, plus doing to TAAT. I am on a benzo for sleep and 2 small doses of AD. I can't seem to find Freddd's protocol and any ideas that will help.

Thanks
    Dfox
  20. robertpcx

robertpcx

Hi Nielk, have you visited the web sight (surviving antidepressants) they have had a lot of experience dealing with SSRI antidepressant withdrawal. I ccouldn't tolerate SSRI's so I've not had to deal with them personally, The web sight has the kind of support for this problem (SSRI'S) at the very least you should check it out. They allso have support for benzodiazepines, don't get me wrong I think this forum is great but surviving antidepressants specializes in SSRI withdrawal. They have much, much information on SSRI's. withdrawal support. I am faced with my own dilemma as I am taking clonazepam 1 mg at bedtime and in the very near future I must confront the reality of tapering off of this med. I do not relish the idea. I to am taking zolpidem er 12.5 mg. And likewise with this drug I have to find a way to sleep naturally without a sleep drug.

I wish you the best

See more popular forum discussions.