• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Depth perception?

Wonko

Thank you Enid.

It's still ongoing for me, only the degree varies, depending on my health at the time - although a lot of the time it is barely noticable it is almost always there. For the first time I feel I may have met someone who has an idea of what I'm talking about. Previously when I've mentioned it, on here or to others I know (Dr's, friends, family etc.), I've either been ignored or looked at as if I was totally barking.

Which is why I posted when Justy mentioned something very similar. Probably a childish need for validation or something. I'm not mad 'onest.......

edit - first a few others share my experiences re. pain and now this - either I'm not totally bonkers or I'm so far gone I'm imagining this (LOL)

Enid

All listed by Byron Hyde in his "The Clinical and Scientific Basis of ME" years ago Wonko - under CNS dysfuntions. I don't know if it's available online but good to show any doubters about you. Keep looking after your own health in the best way to recover and hope your Docs are running thorough tests for infections - missed diagnoses being Dr Hyde's permanent advice to all.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Wonko -i dont think needing validation is childish at all. We all need it at times when we suffer from such a misunderstood illness.
My problems are like a milder version of what Enid describes. For example if i am being driven somewhere and we catch up with a tractor with a piece of machinery on it my brain cannot judge A what it actually is (could be an alien starship for all i know) and B what speed it is going at and where it is actually going. Ive quizzed my husband about this on numerous occasions as i thought it was normal to have some sort of brain lag in understanding ones surroundings but he tells me this is not the case. Another example from driving is unfamiliar road junctions, i often cant work out as i am approaching them what i am supposed to do, sometimes i cant work out how they have actually arranged the road eg what dierction it is going in etc. Again my husband says this has NEVER happened to him. It is as if my brain doesnt automatically understand what is happening, sometimes quite ordinary things scare me because i mistook the bag for a human lying on the floor for example. Once my brain has worked it out i cant believe that i couldnt see what it really was.
I have had this mildly for a number of years, but then i have had undiagnosed M.E for a long time.
I often still think im mad tho, no matter hpow much validation i get from forums such as this because we dont get that validation in real life.