1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Depression in paediatric chronic fatigue syndrome (Crawley)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Bob, Aug 8, 2013.

1. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    I can't remember giving permission for my picture to be posted everywhere..... ;)
    taniaaust1, beaker, Dolphin and 3 others like this.
  2. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    :) Please don't worry Peggy-Sue. That might be how we feel sometimes, but I promise you it's not how we look! :)
    beaker and alex3619 like this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

The abstract doesn't list all the main factors associated with depression - odds ratios from Table 2:
    (higher scores mean less problems with the SF-36 PF, hence the lower ORs)

So, as you say, the consequences of dealing with living with a severe chronic illness.

Female sex was borderline significant

Interestingly, when adjusting for other variables
    School attendance of 40% or more 0.36 (0.23 to 0.56), p<0.0001 Adjusted for other variables: 0.75 (0.44 to 1.28), p=0.28
    the protective value of school attendance of 40% or less decreased a lot and was no longer significant.
    So forcing a child to school may not make if any benefit for their mental health (at least as measured by the HADS).
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.