• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Depression and Antidepressants

Misfit Toy

What a crazy year you've had, so much terrible luck. I think most people would feel depressed after all that and still going throu it.

Someone not talking to you on the phone and just tending to text... can often be a sign that they are having an affair and still with their wife. The fact he's got his exwife soo on his mind also could indicate she's still in his life. The telling you he is living with mother.. also may be in fact that he's still living with his wife. (I assume you never got to go to his house and met his so called mother).
From what you've said, I personally think it is likely this guy was using you and having an affair with you. (this may also be the reason for the sudden disappearance)

Calling his 8 year old daughter "a total spaz".. well he obviously wasnt a nice person and you are probably better off without him. Instead of seeing it as a negative thing that he's gone.. maybe try to look at it as a positive thing he's got himself out of your life.

Antidepressents.. often dont mix well with ME and Ive found that myself to be certainly true. Ive reacted bad to every SSRI Ive ever tried eg headache, nausea etc.

One thing I didnt react to the same way in which I did with the pharma SSRI drugs.. was the herb St Johns Wort (but then ended up getting a hellish mood swinging like trip on it as if I'd taken some kind of street drug,after being on it for a couple of weeks, so had to stop it even thou it was greatly helping the depression I did have at that time. My suggestion is if you havent done so already.. to try St Johns Wort as it may be gentler to your body then the pharma SSRIs and it can work just as well (if not even better)

Thanks, Tania...another herb I am skin rash allergic to. St. John's Wort plus I feel manic on it. It's amazing what a good sleep can do. I am not so upset about this guy anymore. But yes, he was hiding something. Something was up. It was too weird. I have no idea what was going on. His wife lived far from here and we did talk twice on the phone when I called him at night. So, I am not sure if he is living with his mom or not. Who cares. All I know, is that I have found online dating to be the biggest place to LIE so bad. I dated a guy years back who was an alcoholic. I knew it by how much he would drink. I liked him, he was nice, but I found out years later by someone who knew him that he actually killed someone before meeting me, due to his drinking. A car crash. That can happen in real life without an online thing, but you can say whatever online, be out on another date while texting and at the end of the day, this world is one FU#$ED up place because of the technological age. "Ashley Madison"....an online site for married folks who want to cheat...it's totally sick.

john66

No I didnt keep taking the trazadone. It makes my nose too stuffy and then I have trouble breathing-on top on not being able to sleep. I usually wind up taking it after ambien doesnt work after the second 10 mg. I was soooo hungover and not able to mentally function the next day. Nice polypharmacy when I get to the desperation point. I am trying to work, not goingwell- crashing, and making sleep worse. SSDI hearing is next year-no income for a long time

Getting some sleep won't solve your man problems or fix your tub, but it will definitely lift your depression. I would recommend small doses of valium or restoril (if you haven't already tried it). Painkillers really don't help me sleep. But valium will subdue your nervous system for a while.

Lala

Have you tried high dose methylfolate, spitfire? Deplin, Thorne 5-MTHF...

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Spitfire, i'm so so sorry to hear of all the terrible crap you have had to put up with recently - it seems with M.E it's just one bloody thing after another and then all the smaller things come crashing in on us. I feel like i just start to get on top of one thing and then another comes along - like you i've had ENDO for years, and very heavy frequent periods - terrible hormone problems etc - now got terrible gastritis - i can no longer see what the M.E is like underneath it all. So i really do sympathise and send you some hugs - i do hope they help a little
:hug::hug::hug:

As for the anti depressants - i dont know what is best for you - we are all so different - i had a terrible catastrophic reaction to citalopram (SSRI) which took about 3 years to recover from - yet i had taken SSRI's in the past with no problems. Since then i shy away from most prescrition meds (apart from the omeprazole, twice a day now as the gastritiis has got so bad) and i see a medical herbalist who has helped me so much in stabilising my hormones. my mood, my anxiety and my immune system. It has been slow but marvelous treatment - alongside an M.E GP who gives supplements.

Take care, Justy x

Misfit Toy

Hi Spitfire, i'm so so sorry to hear of all the terrible crap you have had to put up with recently - it seems with M.E it's just one bloody thing after another and then all the smaller things come crashing in on us. I feel like i just start to get on top of one thing and then another comes along - like you i've had ENDO for years, and very heavy frequent periods - terrible hormone problems etc - now got terrible gastritis - i can no longer see what the M.E is like underneath it all. So i really do sympathise and send you some hugs - i do hope they help a little
:hug::hug::hug:

As for the anti depressants - i dont know what is best for you - we are all so different - i had a terrible catastrophic reaction to citalopram (SSRI) which took about 3 years to recover from - yet i had taken SSRI's in the past with no problems. Since then i shy away from most prescrition meds (apart from the omeprazole, twice a day now as the gastritiis has got so bad) and i see a medical herbalist who has helped me so much in stabilising my hormones. my mood, my anxiety and my immune system. It has been slow but marvelous treatment - alongside an M.E GP who gives supplements.

Take care, Justy x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have gastritis and GERD really bad. I was hospitalized for a month due to it. Years ago, but every year when I go to an ENT, he always says you need to get on Prilosec for your TRACHEA. I have gastrtitis go all the way up and hit my trachea. Last year, a friend said, "Try this." It's orange peel extract. It's called D-Limonene. It SAVED my life. My gastritis went away for months. Now, it's back and I will soon take it again. Look into it! It was the ONLY thing that ever worked.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Acid-Reflux-Heartburn-and-Orange-Peel-Extract-Therapy&id=487827

Misfit Toy

Getting some sleep won't solve your man problems or fix your tub, but it will definitely lift your depression. I would recommend small doses of valium or restoril (if you haven't already tried it). Painkillers really don't help me sleep. But valium will subdue your nervous system for a while.

SASHA...the one thing that works is ativan or valium. I just didn't want to do it because I was frightened of becoming addicted, but I took it this morning and went right back to sleep. My therapist said, "just take it. you are so sick."