• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Depressed 4 year old - ADVICE PLEASE?

willow

Mmmm... My post didn't read quite like I had things in my head. I hadn't taken it that you were working hard at hiding things but I can see it reads that way. Take no notice of me Athene :rolleyes:

Athene

ihateticks.me
You made good points, WIllow... everyone has.
I realise it is hard to get the exact picture because I am trying to be reasonably concise instead of writing a biography.

I probably didn't properly explain that I am not really trying to keep secrets from my son. I just don't do secrets, at all. It's the result of a traumatic childhood experience, I am physically incapable of keeping secrets!

Thanks you Mark for your good points. I think rationing the use of computer, TV etc is very good, for so many reasons. I wil also try to work on the other suggestions you made.

Daffodil

i am 39 and the effects on my brain from the long-term CFS makes me understand completely what this 4-yr old is going through. i am almost like that myself. the need for reassurance...the lack of motivation....its all due to the disease i think, and the resulting depression. poor little guy!

i wonder if b12 injections might help (from a compounding pharmacy, not cyanocobalamin) and perhaps have his iron levels checked.

hope they find treatment soon....it is heartbreaking to know there are children with this disease.

sue
xoxo