• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Deplin vs. Solgar (or other supp manufacturers...)

chilove

Hey all,

I'm surprised that so many people here seem to be taking lots of Solgar (or other manuf) methyl folate pills per day rather than getting a prescription for Deplin..

Assuming a person has health insurance wouldn't it be cheaper and easier (less pills to take per day) to take Deplin?

Thanks!

Freddd

Hey all,

I'm surprised that so many people here seem to be taking lots of Solgar (or other manuf) methyl folate pills per day rather than getting a prescription for Deplin..

Assuming a person has health insurance wouldn't it be cheaper and easier (less pills to take per day) to take Deplin?

Thanks!

Hi Chilove,

First, Let's be very clear that Deplin and Solgar, and a few others are genunine Metafolin. There are some other methylfolate products that are not metafolin. First, where are you from? In the USA, many insurance companies will not cover the cost of prescription vitamins, period. Some do. Second many doctors will not prescribe Deplin just because it works. They think we are nut cases. Third, many here are not insured and becasue of their diseased or injured or disabled condtions are uninsurable.

easier (less pills to take per day) to take Deplin

Or more cutting into halves and quarters. I can't take Metafolin as 1 single or even 2 large doses in a day. I need it more frequently. Timing with food, and other times without, is what works for me. I take 5 doses a day