• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dental issues triggering neurogenic pain or dysfunction?

xrayspex

I suspect I have a cracked tooth or bite problem emerging, not sure yet, not diagnosed, but I have noticed after chewing more than usual, since it started, that it can set off a neurogenic flare of my general pain and other problems. I can feel drunk actually, really spacey, can get pain in spine, feet, eyes, head etc it can set off chorus of body dysfunction.

Does anyone else have that ever and know what the mechanism would be for that? I have autoimmune issue Sjogrens and also cervical spine problems. Its making me want to give up solid food, the tooth problem isn't horrific pain yet itself, its not clear to me what the dental problem is because tooth itself isn't seriously hurting or problematic, its like at the beginning of maybe becoming that way eventually though. but it started after a crown popped off and was put back on over holiday, it was fine before that. I had this a year or 2 ago until I got a cracked and possible infected tooth pulled.

argh! get tired of all of these parameters of danger that box ya in on yr choices...........have to see if can hunker down and get self just to eat smoothies and soup..........not so satisfying