1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Demyelination: A Medical Perspective

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by arx, Nov 21, 2012.

1. arx

arx Senior Member

Hi everyone,

Assuming demyelination has taken place and is causing tingling in nerves,mostly in spine and loads of mental symptoms,
    I just want to ask that is rebuilding myelin and related neurological damage possible with treatments available in medical science?

From what I've read and with my own spine and mental symptoms, that there are only anticonvulsant drugs and other drugs for neuropathy. I have not approached a good number of doctors, but whoever I have and whatever I have read, these medicines do not regenerate the neuro damage. They simply manage the symptoms. Anticonvulsants is all there is,it seems to me.
    Pregabalin,Lamotrigine,Gabapentin..and similar variations..Also in my case the mental symptoms can further be treated with benzos/other psych drugs.

Is this all medical science has to offer?

I'm doing Fred's protocol because it is simply neurological regeneration. Is there a treatment in medicine which with managing the symptoms,also heals the affected areas?

How do doctors handle possible demyelination, which doesn't show up in MRIs, with all tests in range. B12 is denied as the cause of symptoms by doctors.

I really want to know what all is there in any doctor's arsenal. What are your experiences, and are there drugs which actually HEAL?

Reading Fred's and other's experiences with their illnesses, even though symptoms and their intensities differ, doctors are really no good?

Enid likes this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Certainly very much part of my own neurologist's thinking arx - but why - he had no idea.

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi arx,

Again, as we are going to be doing from now on, we cannot ask questions like this of Rich, but we can go back to his old posts. Here is one where he discusses myelin and some of the issues you have raised:

Re: Remyelination Posted on Yahoo, CFS Yasko May 10, 2008

See more popular forum discussions.