Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Demand CDC XMRV Article be Retracted

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by justinreilly, Jul 9, 2010.

1. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    Hi everyone,

I posted on the comments on the CDC Retrovirology journal article demanding it be retracted. They posted my other comment which wasn't very complimentary, so they may post this one too.

Please make a short post there with a title to the effect that the article must be retracted for the sake of science. Not holding my breath, but the time for silence is over and every little bit we do gets us closer to being treated like human beings. Thanks!

http://www.retrovirology.com/content/7/1/57/comments

2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Thanks for your diligence in this matter Justin. I don't have the scientific background to write as definitively as you, so I feel grateful you are taking the initiative in this matter.

As far as what the future holds, you mention how much litigation we'll likely see. I would agree with you. I also feel this whole ME/CFS debacle that has been unfolding for the past 30 years or so has the potential to eventually upend many cherished ways of thinking within our medical establishments worldwide. I certainly hope so.

3. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I would prefer it was not retracted. Let the world see how incompetent the authors* are. It will all come out in the wash.

*And the CDC's broader history of handling of CFS.

4. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

I don't think you have a snowballs chance in you know what but I think you brought up some very good points Justin. I think Sean is really onto something....

Just think of this - for the first time the CDC's weird cohort is being exposed to the research world (outside of CFS). We know its crazy, the CFS research community thinks its crazy - now hopefully the rest of the world thinks its crazy as well. The CDC's CFS research team has been living in its own bubble for years. Welcome to the big time.

I think its great to post comments that indicate how wacky a cohort that was.

5. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Agree completely with that. In the end, the truth will out. And that time is just about upon us.

See more popular forum discussions.