1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Defining recovery in chronic fatigue syndrome: a critical review

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Firestormm, May 6, 2014.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Frank writes about his response here (in Dutch): http://www.hetalternatief.org/Herstel Twisk Objectiveren Symptomen 2014 1229.htm

Here's a Google translation of it:

Esther12, Cheshire, Valentijn and 2 others like this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

Yes, of course the psychosocial proponents will be against objective testing - because their house of cards would implode the moment objective testing becomes the norm for evaluating severity of ME/CFS.

Twisk seems to be handling the situation well.
    Valentijn and Bob like this.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I think that it should be adopted in EBM practice to downgrade any study using subjective evidence, automatically, whereas studies with high effect sizes for objective evidence already can have their evidence ranking upgraded.
    Cheshire and Valentijn like this.
  4. Sean

Sean Senior Member

So how do they know if patients have actually achieved "a sustained reduction of symptoms to normative levels and restoration of premorbid functioning" if they don't have a solid objective standard?

Round and round the mulberry bush we go.

Again.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    alex3619, Cheshire and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.