1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

December Blood Prodcuts Advisory Committee Full Transcript

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Esther12, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Otis

Otis Señor Mumbler

USA
    In listening to the lecture Dr. Mikovits gave in Sweden, I understood her to be describing the attributes of the LNCaP cell line that led her to select it, not so much the LTR response. Her "guess" as to what cell line (LNCaP) to use as based, in part, on it's androgenic response but I can't recall why that was a criterion for a cell line so perhaps it's just my fuzzy memory. She was a bit modest in calling it a "guess". Darn good educated guess, I'd say. Too bad it won't grow the "poly" variants Lo/Alter found.

2. Otis

Otis Señor Mumbler

USA
    Rhesus Macaques highlights

For me, this is where some interesting stuff really came out.

First off, perhaps a new hint for a cell line to use:

Perhaps a reason why serology tests are coming in negative:

On to the prostate:

So perhaps when XMRV hits the prostate, it either kicks off those really aggressive forms of PC or it clears and if cancer occurs there later XMRV is in such low copy numbers that it isn't found.

The GI and lymphoid tissues seem also like good homes for XMRV and certainly areas where many of us have problems.

Finally, we're left with a hint about sexual transmission.

3. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    sorry I didn't read the whole thread but wanted to make sure this was seen:

The vote they had just taken was to screen blood donors on medical history or diagnosis of CFS

See more popular forum discussions.