• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Decaris (levamisole)

Did anyone use or heard something about Decaris (levamisole).I found information about it on russian forum.
One doctor posted very interesting post about it (why we will better when we just starting to get over a cold). Also he recomended to use "Decaris" as i very powerful immunomodulator. Did anyone try it?

"Decaris originally used ( and still use ) as a medicament for the treatment of ascariasis . Then, it was proved that Decaris ( levamisole ) has the ability to stimulate the physiological activity of the thymus ( thymus ), which entails both increased number and increased activity of T- lymphocytes stimulates the production of various cytokines , in particular interleukins . Decaris increases the phagocytic activity of macrophages .Decaris restores depressed immune response , and normal immune response has virtually no effect . Decaris increases nonspecific resistance to various infectious diseases , including infectious diseases to wearing recurrent nature ."

lansbergen

I use levamisole. It saved my life and it very slowly improves my health.

Be carefull. I use low dose. High dose has the opposite effect.

lansbergen, What was the reason to use it? Which dose did you use? I heard about method to use it 150mg 3 days in a row, 1 week break, then again 3 days 150 mg in a row, 1 week break.

lansbergen

lansbergen, What was the reason to use it? Which dose did you use? I heard about method to use it 150mg 3 days in a row, 1 week break, then again 3 days 150 mg in a row, 1 week break.

I was pretty sure I had the same infection the animals got. It helped in the animals so when I was dying anyway I had nothing to lose and started taking it myself.

I use the liquid form for oral use. That is levamisole in sterile water. I take 100mg a day before going to bed in the evening. If I forget to take it I will notice the next day.

I see most of people do not know what is it.. I will try it a bit later on myself, may be 2-3 weeks later, now i am taking another treatment. I am talking about taking decaris for immunity, not for parasites.
And if someone interesting, i will copy post from russian forum (with google translator) how it works:

"The dosage regimen decaris we the same for all . If people come for the first time , we give all virtually the same pattern . And then use it in view of the fact that all are immunosuppressed . Dekaris also shows how imunodifetsit at each person and what he called? It reacts differently to the presence of microbial flora , bacterial, viral , tumor , parasite . By dekaris many complications. These side effects and complications , they just are manifestations of those problems. that the body has . So we gave the child dekaris with Ascaris . Ascarids not dekaris kills. We give dekaris overnight one pill . With 22hours until 3am the immune system works . Dekaris we assign around 9 pm . Why ? Normally should be adrenal glands, endocrine system . It should work out these hormones at this time and lose blood. And from 22 to 3:00 we started the immune system . Thyroid launches liver is production of immunoglobulins. They , immunoglobulins, and determine their opponent's . A trigger adrenal spleen. And it produces T-lymphocytes killers and kill foreign viruses, bacteria. Body still there stranger, she picks up and kills all the others . Usually at night the temperature rises . It is different. It all depends on what killed ... By morning it drops . A man wakes up healthy . So our body works perfectly if it is not defective. This is normal. But when the endocrine system is not working , need help. Dekaris is an analogue of the hormone of the adrenal glands . At night we smear iodine grid to stimulate the thyroid gland or drink potassium iodide ( iodine blue jelly ) . Thyroid launches liver, the liver begins to produce immunoglobulins . Dekaris against this background that runs the spleen. And when they get T-lymphocytes , whom they see a stranger , and quenched by addition . If any swelling body can fight it only against the background of high temperatury.U girls had a big askaridarnaya pathology and gritting his teeth and drooling. After decaris immune system destroyed them all at once . But they have the properties to produce poison - askariton at his death . And these poisons the nerve action comes from the gut into krov.On strongly acts on the brain until hallucinations. It gave no dekaris and that the immune system is destroyed . and T- lymphocytes. And if there is a roundworm , it is such a reaction . This manifestation of the first pill when the bulk of them dies. The next day , after taking the tablets , such reactions are not already there. On the third day , the tablet is nothing. That is, if a person has no problems , ie viruses and bacteria , tumors , then dekaris accepted and thus it is not felt. We did not feel like a bud it did not drink at all. But dekaris must count on body weight. If the body is large , you should not give one tablet decaris . This is a practical way already identified . And since dekaris imunomodulyator and if the heat and nothing at hand , then apply dekaris . And 30 minutes after receiving decaris temperature drops. Not because he extinguishes it , but because that is the jump and T lymphocytes killers came and cleaned the infection. But the big man one tablet decaris enough. If any swelling body can fight it only against high temperature. Decaris occurs on the background temperature . Worse than the tumor , the higher the temperature will give dekaris . The highest temperature allowed cancers . Melanoma gave a temperature of 40 3 . The woman had a melanoma between the shoulder blades , bluish- purple and crimson have a lymph node under his arm like a chicken egg . After the first pill decaris temperature rose to 40.3 . Woman lying in a difficult position and her daughter wiping vinegar and we phoned . Advised to cool its head , legs heat . Put cold forehead. And now two o'clock this temperature was , then fell. But melanoma is gone for the full program . That is, the worse the situation the higher temperature reaction to tumors. It's just even give the test and the first time all dekaris appoint. And then we suggest taking this drug in the spring and autumn , when activated by viruses and germs. In March, April and in September and October multiplies all parasitic microflora . They are cycles of development . Therefore, we have ulcer , alergoastmatiki have seasonal exacerbations. It was just at this period. If the stomach is bald , naked , he passes all these viruses and they begin to reproduce blood , and accordingly these exacerbation give either skin or asthma , or ulcerative process . Because in spring and autumn because of infection are many, many foreigners from neighboring countries , many of exotic flora , so spring and autumn dekaris should guzzle the scheme: 21 - hour , one tablet of 150 milligrams for adults . ( one tablet in the pack ) . Three days in a row . - week break from the last day of acceptance for three days in a row reception decaris - week break - three days receiving decaris So triple course of three days . If the first pattern has no feeling that ....... For example a woman uroplazmy or chlamydia . It is not only in the vagina. It all mucous and in the mouth and nasopharynx . And when she dies , it is the smell . Who says that smells of mothballs , who smell of garlic . This is after the first tablet . After the second is easier and already after the third prohodit.Mikrob all this dies , ie . T lymphocytes to kill him . And he's dying , relieve toxins that smell . If uroplazmy lives in the vagina , the selection of a woman smell . And when they die in the nose and elsewhere, give the appropriate scent. This is after the first tablet . Then get better and better . Three hours later, blood decaris anymore. it breaks . His blood has nowhere three hours after admission. It breaks down . The worse problem in the body, it will be worse after taking the pill decaris ."

lansbergen

I see most of people do not know what is it.. I will try it a bit later on myself, may be 2-3 weeks later, now i am taking another treatment. I am talking about taking decaris for immunity, not for parasites.

I do not use anything else except sometimes paracetemol and/or smear Benzydaminehydrochloride on the most hurting spot during flareups.

I need the flareups to attack the infection.

I use the dewormer for animals. That only cost me about a dime a day. With this form one can start with very low dose and increase it till the dose working best for that person is reached. For me that is 100mg a day but could be different for others.

nandixon

I'm reposting a post that @liquid sky made on another thread last year (and made the translation of the pdf excerpt a bit clearer):

Interesting article on Levamisole and CFS. http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(96)81098-0/pdf

[J ALLERGY CLIN IMMUNOL JANUARY 1996]

Immunomodulatory effects of levamisole in chronic fatigue syndrome

R Polasani MD. SA Schwartz MD PhD. Buffalo, NY

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) may be associated with immunologic abnormalities. We describe a patient with CFS and coexisting lymphopenia and cellular immunodeficiency who responded to treatment with levamisole.

A 32 y.o. female developed CFS after a blood transfusion for post partum bleeding 4 years ago and since then she reports low grade fevers, insomnia, myalgia, and severe lethargy. She had intermittent oral candidiasis which was successfully treated with antifungals. Oral lesions consistent with Herpes simplex were observed but a trial of acyclovir failed to cause significant improvement.

Laboratory evaluation was negative for active CMV, EBV or HIV infections as were seroassays for hepatitis B, lyme disease, and autoimmune disorders. Throat cultures were negative. Muscle enzymes and thyroid studies, IgG, IgM, IgA, IgG subclasses, pneumococcal, tetanus, and viral specific antibody titers were normal. Flow cytometry showed normal numbers of T and B lymphocytes but the CD4 count was in the low normal range. Functional immunoassays revealed diminished proliferative responses to mitogens and antigens.

A trial of the immunopotentiator, levamisole, at a dose of 50 mg 3 times daily for 3 days every 2 weeks was given for 3 months. At the end of this period the patient experienced considerable improvement of subjective symptoms, including increased stamina. More objectively, this was accompanied by significant changes in immunologic parameters, including an increase in CD4 counts and a major increase in lymphocyte proliferative responses to mitogens and antigens. The patient continues to do well for the past 6 months without specific therapy.

This case suggests that the immunopotentiator, levamisole, may be useful in the management of CFS associated with objective evidence of coexisting cellular immunodeficiency.

Note that levamisole should probably not be used by individuals who are positive for HLA-B27, since this appears to account for the drug's most serious side effects. See, e.g.:

Genetic determinants of [levamisole and] cocaine-associated agranulocytosis [2015]

Hip

Note that in the case of coxsackievirus B heart muscle infection (myocarditis), a murine study found that levamisole exacerbates the myocarditis. So ME/CFS patients with active coxsackievirus B infections might want to be cautious with this drug (although an exacerbation of the myocarditis could just be due to the immune system being stimulated to fight the infection harder — so this might be a good thing, or it could problematic if it creates significant tissue damage).

More encouragingly, another study found that levamisole promoted the recovery from chronic coxsackievirus B pancreatitis.

In the case of murine encephalomyocarditis virus myocarditis, levamisole proved beneficial to the outcome. Encephalomyocarditis virus is not an enterovirus, but is from the same picornavirus family as the enterovirus coxsackievirus B.

Last edited:

knackers323

@lansbergen or others. What does 100mg look like?

The bottle contains 100ml and the smallest measurung device I have is 1/10th (one tenth) of a ml, which is literally a drop or two.

Is this correct?

lansbergen

@lansbergen or others. What does 100mg look like?

The bottle contains 100ml and the smallest measurung device I have is 1/10th (one tenth) of a ml, which is literally a drop or two.

Is this correct?

Do you have the 8% solution? If so, 1ml contains 80mg

You can start with one or two drops and increase slowy but do not take more than 100mg a day.

Take it orally with a bit of water.

Last edited:

knackers323

Yes its the 8%. Thanks.

How long till you noticed an effect?

I noticed effect within about 6 hours on two very small drops. Though I think it is raising my blood pressure and/or possibly effecting blood flow so it could be due to that.
Most things that have that effect give me a boost