• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dec 20th: High Noon for Ampligen! FDA Advisory Committee Decides Ampligens fate in live webcast

snowathlete

I think the presentation looks good so far. Presumably, later the panel will ask questions, that is where the battle will be won or lost in my opinion. Ampligen guys do look well prepared though, its clear that this is hugely important to them, if they fail here then they're stuffed, right?

Nielk

I think the presentation looks good so far. Presumably, later the panel will ask questions, that is where the battle will be won or lost in my opinion. Ampligen guys do look well prepared though, its clear that this is hugely important to them, if they fail here then they're stuffed, right?

Right.

Firestormm

Stock is up 19%, 21% now at 0.46. Following the Hemispherex presentation. FDA now challenging... not happy about certain issues... safety and methodology... Hemispherex addressing concerns... Stock falling back a bit....

Ooh this is like being back in my old job :)

Firestormm

T cells and CD4 counts now being talked about by Robert. I must say he's very good as a speaker. Lot of experience. If it was down to him then approval would be granted. Of course it isn't and that's why we're here...

Nielk

Dr. Bateman just stated that in her clinical experience, the last thing to show improvement in CFS patients is in the ETT test. She has had patients who have improved enough to go back to work yet failed ETT testing.

Nielk

They seem to discuss the validity and efficacy of the ETT testing for CFS.

Firestormm

My reception is breaking up. How much longer does this last Nielk?

They've taken a break and so am I I think.

What did Bateman say about CBT, Nielk did you catch it? I think it was her. Something about helping people to better cope who had little else to help them.... can't remember the exact words used now.

Was trying to follow Cort's 'tweets'. I think I'll give up and catch the summary when it's all over. Tpp much for me I'm afraid.

Good luck :)

Firestormm

I recall Robert saying - correct me if I am wrong here please - that he was still a severe patient. That Ampligen had restored function to some extent, but that he remained severe. Was that correct? Thanks.

Firestormm

Bob is still very ill - quite handicapped but he is much better...he was EXTREMELY ill before..with terrible cognitive issues and little functionality....he can get around and give a great presentation now obviously :) Ampligen was huge for him.

Thanks Cort. I was hearing from Mary on Facebook who was letting me know about Robert also. As I said - I wouldn't mind being a house-husband either - I would settle for that :)

I hear things are getting more serious now. Bit of a pasting going on. Stock is at 0.40 only up 5% now on the open. That's some turn about.

snowathlete

The question running through my mind is, If the FDA gave conditional approval on Ampligen, one of the conditions being that Hemispherx were able to provide better safety data, would they be able to go away and then deliver that?

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
My reception is breaking up. How much longer does this last Nielk?

They've taken a break and so am I I think.

What did Bateman say about CBT, Nielk did you catch it? I think it was her. Something about helping people to better cope who had little else to help them.... can't remember the exact words used now.

Was trying to follow Cort's 'tweets'. I think I'll give up and catch the summary when it's all over. Tpp much for me I'm afraid.

Good luck :)
She said it helps in patients who are not managing their disorder well and doesn't really do anything if you are managing it well.