1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dec 20th: High Noon for Ampligen! FDA Advisory Committee Decides Ampligens fate in live webcast

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Cort, Dec 18, 2012.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I think the presentation looks good so far. Presumably, later the panel will ask questions, that is where the battle will be won or lost in my opinion. Ampligen guys do look well prepared though, its clear that this is hugely important to them, if they fail here then they're stuffed, right?
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Right.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Stock is up 19%, 21% now at 0.46. Following the Hemispherex presentation. FDA now challenging... not happy about certain issues... safety and methodology... Hemispherex addressing concerns... Stock falling back a bit....

Ooh this is like being back in my old job :)
  4. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    This will be an interesting day as far as the stock is concerned. I would assume a lot of fluctuation, depending on how the meeting is going.
    Firestormm likes this.
  5. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Hard to tell who's speaking at times...

Bateman talking. Miller (patient on Ampligen) now. Stock up 26%
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Robert Miller speaking now!
  7. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Up 28%
  8. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    T cells and CD4 counts now being talked about by Robert. I must say he's very good as a speaker. Lot of experience. If it was down to him then approval would be granted. Of course it isn't and that's why we're here...
  9. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Stock up 29%.
  10. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Hey! That's my job! :D :p :cry:

Running over time. Stock up 24% :p
    lnester7 and Nielk like this.
  11. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Dr. Bateman just stated that in her clinical experience, the last thing to show improvement in CFS patients is in the ETT test. She has had patients who have improved enough to go back to work yet failed ETT testing.
  12. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    They seem to discuss the validity and efficacy of the ETT testing for CFS.
  13. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    My reception is breaking up. How much longer does this last Nielk?

They've taken a break and so am I I think.

What did Bateman say about CBT, Nielk did you catch it? I think it was her. Something about helping people to better cope who had little else to help them.... can't remember the exact words used now.

Was trying to follow Cort's 'tweets'. I think I'll give up and catch the summary when it's all over. Tpp much for me I'm afraid.

Good luck :)
  14. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    I recall Robert saying - correct me if I am wrong here please - that he was still a severe patient. That Ampligen had restored function to some extent, but that he remained severe. Was that correct? Thanks.
  15. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Bob is still very ill - quite handicapped but he is much better...he was EXTREMELY ill before..with terrible cognitive issues and little functionality....he can get around and give a great presentation now obviously :) Ampligen was huge for him.
    taniaaust1 and Firestormm like this.
  16. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    ... is anyone else fantasizing about the PACE trial getting the same amount of scrutiny from a government agency? :rolleyes:
  17. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Thanks Cort. I was hearing from Mary on Facebook who was letting me know about Robert also. As I said - I wouldn't mind being a house-husband either - I would settle for that :)

I hear things are getting more serious now. Bit of a pasting going on. Stock is at 0.40 only up 5% now on the open. That's some turn about.
  18. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA

YES. It would have been laughed out of the room by now.
    justinreilly, taniaaust1 and Purple like this.
  19. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    The question running through my mind is, If the FDA gave conditional approval on Ampligen, one of the conditions being that Hemispherx were able to provide better safety data, would they be able to go away and then deliver that?
    justinreilly and taniaaust1 like this.
  20. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    She said it helps in patients who are not managing their disorder well and doesn't really do anything if you are managing it well.
    taniaaust1 and Firestormm like this.

See more popular forum discussions.