1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dec 20th: High Noon for Ampligen! FDA Advisory Committee Decides Ampligens fate in live webcast

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Cort, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Firestormm likes this.
  2. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    OK, but is the harshness of the FDA's proposed question list more harsh, less harsh, or about average for these committee meetings? You said earlier to be prepared for very tough questioning and that this is what these meetings are for. Are the questions that much worse than anybody expected?

Clearly the market reacted, but it's hard to say whether those were sophisticated investors with a lot of awareness of the science involved. "Penny stocks" are known to be extremely volatile, and a lot of the investors in penny stocks are basically gamblers, not people looking to make wise long-term investments.

Firestormm likes this.
  3. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    That's a good question. One analyst said the reports are always harsh and always accentuate the negatives...I think the report was harsher than expected but you're right...you can't tell how informed the investors were that backed out...It fell like a stone...bumped up a bit and its stayed there ever since...

Hemispherx's presentation will be a very important rebuttal to the FDA and then it will be up to the committee...I think we can maybe count on six votes off the bat.....

4. JustJack

JustJack put on yer dancin' shoes

Sacramento CA
    Thanks for the updates. This means so much to me and many others. Funny how some have been studying it since the 70's. for god's sake! I have fingers and toes crossed. JJ

5. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Thanks for that Cort. Very thorough. Look forward to hearing the result.

6. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    I'll be attempting :))) to twitter throughout the meeting and there's the webcast as well. It begins in about an hour...:eek::cool:

JustJack likes this.
  7. user9876

user9876 Senior Member

What twitter account?

JustJack likes this.
  8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thanks Cort for this great report.

9. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
  10. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    This is a major event for anyone with ME/CFS, no matter what one feels about the Ampligen issue. It would be important to show the FDA that many of us are signing in to this meeting and listening to it so the more of you that can sign it the better.

taniaaust1 likes this.
  11. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    From Cort twitter:

‎#CFS FDA starts by calling CFS complex and seriously debilitating disease....

#CFS FDA emphasizes that no drugs are available for this serious disorder :).l Off to a good start...

#CFS FDA states they were delighted and OVERWHELMED by patient response. Congratulations ME/CFS community!

Sasha likes this.
  12. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Dr. Carter of Hemispherx talking now about the treatment options for CFS patients.
    CFS is debilitating like MS, Lupus...
    Profound suffering not unlike he has seen in Oncology!

13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I'm pleased to see that there's a running transcript - I've got poor internet connectivity at the moment so it's good to know that presumably there'll be a transcript to look at later.

14. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Link not working for me, Anybody able to log in? how?

15. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Yes, I'm logged in and see a live web video webcast as well as written running transcript.

16. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Dr. Snell of the HHS will speak next followed by Dr. Bateman.

17. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Cort twitter:

#CFS #MECFS #Ampligen - Bateman believes main causes of death in CFS are due to heart failure, suicide and cancer and death was premature

‎#CFS #MECFS #Ampligen - presents Klima s quote stating she would rather have HIV than CFS....very strong presentation! Good start...

‎#CFS #MECFS #Ampligen - Carter states irrefutable evidence Ampligen is NOT producing strong inflammatory response - working on safety issue

18. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
  19. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Well it's very good quality feed, and text, and slides. Only just logged in. Was there a schedule? I suppose the testimonies will be after the presentations. Good luck.

Nielk likes this.
  20. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    P-values being discussed right now. Where's Simon? :)

That WAS interesting. Comparison of Ampligen and CFS and other FDA approved drugs for Chronic conditions causing exercise induced fatigue. I think heart conditions were one. Hmm...

Ampligen was shown as being better than both the drugs featured against placebo. So Ampligen is targeting fatigue? Interesting... That will come as a surprise to some I think.

Only my notings - don't take that for truth. Would need to check and this is Hempisherex presenting - they haven't been challenged yet.

See more popular forum discussions.