• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dec 20th: High Noon for Ampligen! FDA Advisory Committee Decides Ampligens fate in live webcast

urbantravels

disjecta membra
OK, but is the harshness of the FDA's proposed question list more harsh, less harsh, or about average for these committee meetings? You said earlier to be prepared for very tough questioning and that this is what these meetings are for. Are the questions that much worse than anybody expected?

Clearly the market reacted, but it's hard to say whether those were sophisticated investors with a lot of awareness of the science involved. "Penny stocks" are known to be extremely volatile, and a lot of the investors in penny stocks are basically gamblers, not people looking to make wise long-term investments.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
That's a good question. One analyst said the reports are always harsh and always accentuate the negatives...I think the report was harsher than expected but you're right...you can't tell how informed the investors were that backed out...It fell like a stone...bumped up a bit and its stayed there ever since...

Hemispherx's presentation will be a very important rebuttal to the FDA and then it will be up to the committee...I think we can maybe count on six votes off the bat.....

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
Thanks for the updates. This means so much to me and many others. Funny how some have been studying it since the 70's. for god's sake! I have fingers and toes crossed. JJ

Nielk

This is a major event for anyone with ME/CFS, no matter what one feels about the Ampligen issue. It would be important to show the FDA that many of us are signing in to this meeting and listening to it so the more of you that can sign it the better.

Nielk

From Cort twitter:

‎#CFS FDA starts by calling CFS complex and seriously debilitating disease....

#CFS FDA emphasizes that no drugs are available for this serious disorder :).l Off to a good start...

#CFS FDA states they were delighted and OVERWHELMED by patient response. Congratulations ME/CFS community!

Nielk

Dr. Carter of Hemispherx talking now about the treatment options for CFS patients.
CFS is debilitating like MS, Lupus...
Profound suffering not unlike he has seen in Oncology!

Nielk

Cort twitter:

#CFS #MECFS #Ampligen - Bateman believes main causes of death in CFS are due to heart failure, suicide and cancer and death was premature

‎#CFS #MECFS #Ampligen - presents Klima s quote stating she would rather have HIV than CFS....very strong presentation! Good start...

‎#CFS #MECFS #Ampligen - Carter states irrefutable evidence Ampligen is NOT producing strong inflammatory response - working on safety issue

Firestormm

Well it's very good quality feed, and text, and slides. Only just logged in. Was there a schedule? I suppose the testimonies will be after the presentations. Good luck.

Firestormm

P-values being discussed right now. Where's Simon? :)

That WAS interesting. Comparison of Ampligen and CFS and other FDA approved drugs for Chronic conditions causing exercise induced fatigue. I think heart conditions were one. Hmm...

Ampligen was shown as being better than both the drugs featured against placebo. So Ampligen is targeting fatigue? Interesting... That will come as a surprise to some I think.

Only my notings - don't take that for truth. Would need to check and this is Hempisherex presenting - they haven't been challenged yet.