Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Debate in Parliament the absence of an effective policy for the treatment of M.E

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by tinacarroll27, Mar 26, 2017.

1. tinacarroll27

tinacarroll27 Senior Member

UK
    Don't know if anyone has posted about this petition yet but I couldn't see any mention of it. It is for the UK and it would be great if we could get 10,000 signatures. Here is the link

Debate in Parliament the absence of an effective policy for the treatment of M.E:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/190618

Invisible Woman, MeSci, Jan and 4 others like this.
  2. dangermouse

dangermouse Senior Member

Thanks for sharing.

Invisible Woman, MeSci and MEMum like this.
  3. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Save PR. Sack the President of the Board.

10,000 signatures gets you a written response, you need 100,000 for a debate, I think.

Invisible Woman, Jan, MEMum and 2 others like this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I don't think that is very well phrased I'm afriad, and it comes across sounding like it's motivated by oppostion to psychiatry, rather than concern about poor quality research.

5. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member

The petitions never are phrased well. We need an effective advocacy org set up in uk where these things are discussed and carefully prepared. The Americans have a team doing all this all year round, we have an awareness day every year.

Webdog, Laelia, Jan and 2 others like this.
  6. Demepivo

Demepivo Dolores Abernathy

Yes, I would agree with @Cinders66 on the wording & recipients but disagree with the notion activism in the UK is poor ("my country is better than yours"?!?!?), many people here have done an excellent job often at the expense of their own health.

Over the years the UK parliament has received various petitions. May I humbly suggest that it isn't the correct route?

What is the correct route?

How about the heads of the organisations which give the £ millions to Esther Crawley, King's College London et el?

Who would that be?

The heads of the MRC, NIHR (National Institute for Health Research), the Wellcome Trust (if they are being tapped up to fund MEGA) & Esther Craw;=ley's step dad...Stephen Holgate

Why not politicians?

Most don't know anything about ME/CFS & they will be fobbed off with the standard reply from the MRC (We ignorantly give £x millions each year to Esther Crawley)

Conclusion

Target Esther Crawley's paymasters

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Laelia, Webdog, dangermouse and 3 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.