1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dealing with anxiety

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Rosa Amor, May 8, 2014.

1. Rosa Amor

Rosa Amor

I've been suffering from severe anxiety recently, mostly due to fear that my illness is all my imagination + within my control

I've been diagnosed 4 14 years by Dr franklin, dr Mitchell, dr sprightly + dr weir

I test @50% on the mitochondria scale. But shortly after these my GP surgery asked me to deregulatory myself

I was severely abused by my locall nhs as a child + now live in a nursing home which hi. Find a struggle. Not everyone's sympathetic + some of their comments + gossip burns me up
    rosie26 likes this.
  2. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    :hug: Rosa Amor.
  3. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA

I am so sorry to hear about your struggles Rosa, I used to have very severe anxiety too, 6 hour long panic attacks and agoraphobia to a degree...

I used a book called At Last a Life by Paul David and fully recovered though! It would be pretty helpful but I hope you get the help you need, trauma is very important to work through if it still upsets you..

Love,

Todd
    rosie26 likes this.
  4. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Hi Rosa, so sorry to hear of your struggles.

Sending hugs.

Justy
  5. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Sorry to hear of you being in a nursing home and having anxiety.

Check out Emotional Freedom Technique. It's free to learn and I find it very helpful for anxiety and rapidly healing past trauma. http://eft.mercola.com/

You might not want to let others see you tapping on your acupressure points though - they might think you're really nuts! :) I actually just lay in bed and imagine myself tapping on the points and it works just as well for me. The key is making up good affirmation statements.
  6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA

See more popular forum discussions.