Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

David Tuller to appear at Forgotten Plague premier in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Feb 28

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    If I were in Amsterdam, I'd go just to thank David Tuller!

2. mango

mango Senior Member

Via Maija Haavisto onTwitter https://twitter.com/DiamonDie/

Waiting for #forgottenplagueNL to start. Seated behind Tuller and Visser, next to @Gooische_Vrouw.

Powerful film, lots of sobs to be heard in the audience, especially when Whitney Dafoe was shown. #forgottenplagueNL

Most of the interviews could have been longer, since the movie isn't so long anyway. Hillary Johnson was great. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller and Visser are engaged in a discussion about terminology/names. #forgottenplagueNL

Visser talks about how both physical and mental exertion makes #mecfs much worse. Wonder if someone here doesn't know? #forgottenplagueNL

David Tuller from Berkeley, prominent PACE critic, is speaking now. Got interested in #mecfs because a friend was sick. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller: [Belief in GET] is an ideology, as it's not based on facts. Science not based on facts is kind of like a cult. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller: I've shown the PACE study to my colleagues at Berkeley and they're like "What? How can this get published?" #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller: Even if their findins were accurate, which they're not, they did not have informed consent. Ethical lapse. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller: The PACE authors are very aware their answers are inadequate. There's a court hearing in the UK in April. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller: In the next year there's going to be big movement to get rid of this trial. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller: I have to be careful when speaking in public because I'm so enraged, I can be defamatory and can be sued. forgottenplagueNL

I asked David Tuller how long he thinks it will take Lancet to retract the trial (cf. Wakefield!). He hopes this year. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller believes Wakefield autism/vaccine retraction makes Lancet more resistant to retracting PACE, too. #forgottenplagueNL

Tuller: What the PACE researchers have done is disgraceful and horrifying. #forgottenplagueNL

David Tuller is a warm, compassionate, humble guy. Not about ego like J... *cough* C... *cough*. #forgottenplagueNL

@fairmileheed He also said a lot of interesting stuff off-record. Now he's being interviewed for Dutch ME magazine.

Sorry for the flood earlier. To clarify, PACE is a fraudulent study published in Lancet, threatening the lives of millions #mecfs patients.

https://twitter.com/DiamonDie/

3. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Great stuff here, thank you @mango

Invisible Woman, Esther12 and mango like this.
  4. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    Riley, mango, Invisible Woman and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.