New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

David Tuller: Reexamining Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research And Treatment Policy

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Good read. Thanks for posting.

Dolphin, ahmo and Sasha like this.
  3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Thanks for pointing that out. Another great article. Hope it gets widely read.

Dolphin and Sasha like this.
  4. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member

Excellent article by David Tuller published on the Health Affairs website. Health Affairs has been called the "Bible of health policy" by the Washington Post.

This is a really good summation of recent positive developments such as the Lipkin study, IOM report and the NIH's response to that, as well as a good explanation of what has been keeping the illness in a research backwater (namely, the easy "answers" of the psychogenic explanation as exemplified by PACE).

I found myself trying to give such a summary to my cardiologist recently (he's interested, but it is obviously not his specialty) and it would have been easier just to hand him this article.

ahimsa, Dolphin, Ritto and 9 others like this.
  5. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    So if we post comments, they may be read by some influential people? (It's open moderated comments - no login needed, hint, hint)

p.s. This article is fourth on the "Most Read" list at http://healthaffairs.org/blog/

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  6. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    It's now #1 Most Read and there's still plenty of room for comments. So far no trolls or comment hijackers...

mango, Valentijn, JAH and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.