• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller needs our help

Any indication if he intends to do some FOIA requests to get more data? That entire process is pretty ideal for destroying the health of patients :( It'd be great to have someone healthy doing it.

Yes... although I'm not sure how well the gentle British sensibilities of the ICO would suit Tuller's rather forthright style. I'm sure a UK journalist with experience with the FOIA and academia would be able to get a lot of useful information out in ways that patients just don't think of, or no had to do a good job of getting. Anyone know of such a reporter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Brooke
"Heather Rose Brooke (born 1970) is a British-American journalist and freedom of information campaigner. Resident since the 1990s in the UK, she helped to expose the 2009 expenses scandal, which culminated in the resignation of House of Commons Speaker Michael Martin"
Furthermore, in recognition of her work, the UK [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Gazette']Press Gazette
ranked Brooke as number 5 in their Top 10 list of journalists in February 2013[/URL]

RogerBlack

Yes... although I'm not sure how well the gentle British sensibilities of the ICO would suit Tuller's rather forthright style.

Style is largely bypased by 'Following the decision of the tribunal of X that data where the risk of reidentification does not realistically exist is not protected by medical confidentiality', ...

I've noted in the past that the patient consent form uses the form of words 'researchers may contact trialists' - not 'the research team', or 'kings college researchers', raising the issue that a properly funded (probably UK) study from a university, following ethics approval could in principle contact the patient group for further work.
Even very simple additional questionairs could answer interesting things.

SF36 now, for example as well as fairly objective measures like work status.

You don't initially approach the ICO.
You approach the researchers, get a no, appeal to the college, get a no, appeal to the ICO.

RogerBlack

Journalism in all countries, including the UK has undergone a massive hollowing out.
All traditional media has tried to slash costs to the bone, which means that investigational journalism is increasingly under challenge - spending a few months salary on a 'maybe' story simply isn't an option.

Countrygirl

A corker of a slide from David Tuller this evening in N. Ireland:

Telling it as it is:

18740018_10209263872098281_5419194145425627835_n.jpg

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
That definitely made my day.

He is of course correct -- if he were wrong then they would robustly defend themselves and their trial from such allegations.

Goading them to try is brilliant. I almost wish they would (but am hoping PACE will be roundly trounced long before a trial could manage it).

Kudos DT.:heart: :star::star::star::star::star:

Last edited:
Hi,

David was in Dublin yesterday to meet @Tom Kindlon before heading off to Belfast.

David stopped by my place and we shot a short video - see here :

I also did a longer interview with him but haven't had time to edit it yet, will take me a few weeks to get to it.
David really needs our help on this, because it sounds like his part time work in Berkeley is drying up.

Anyway, give it a watch and anything you can do to help spread the word around, I know David would really appreciate it.

Can checks be sent directly to David so more money can go to him without fees and other being taken out? Or may this cause problems?

I can't answer that but I have the impression he really needs to reach his target of $60k.

The convenience of donating online probably makes up for some of the commission, so rather than people delaying I'd say he'd prefer if they just went ahead and donated online.
When you donate online you have the option to pay the fees yourself too.

Tom Kindlon

Hi,

David was in Dublin yesterday to meet @Tom Kindlon before heading off to Belfast.

David stopped by my place and we shot a short video - see here :

I also did a longer interview with him but haven't had time to edit it yet, will take me a few weeks to get to it.
David really needs our help on this, because it sounds like his part time work in Berkeley is drying up.

Anyway, give it a watch and anything you can do to help spread the word around, I know David would really appreciate it.
Well done for doing it.

I've highlighted it in a few places.
Let me know whether you want your name mentioned at all.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
It may be helpful if a very short video from a patient pleaded for donations...telling the narrative as concisely as possible to keep the video under Twitter max of 2:20 (iirc).

"please support a real journalist expose fake researchers so patients stop being harmed by physicians"

This drive for donations needs a campaign plan to help achieve its goal...and a small team to drive it forward.