The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

David Tuller: My brief encounter with Prof Crawley

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Nov 20, 2017.

1. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

I would stump up a good chunk of this as well

2. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
    Just as well that psychiatrists, social workers, paediatricians, teachers, LP practitioners aren't members here....'advocating violence' doesn't come close to their misdemeanours.
    I suspect that 'kick the shit out the fuckers' doesn't translate very well from Celtic to US English :rofl:
    Celtic irony and metaphor would probably be quite lost too :zippit:
    :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2017
    ladycatlover, boombachi and MEMum like this.
  3. Mel9

Mel9 Senior Member

NSW Australia

I would like to help too

MEMum, justy, ladycatlover and 2 others like this.
  4. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member

UK
    Me too.

Mel9, MEMum, justy and 2 others like this.
  5. PeeWee

PeeWee

We're up for letter writing, or any other way we can help. We're London based if that's relevant.

MEMum, ladycatlover and Countrygirl like this.
  6. anni66

anni66 mum to ME daughter

scotland
    I' m up for letter writing too. Unfortunately at the moment i can' t contribute funding. :-(

MEMum, ladycatlover and Countrygirl like this.
  7. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    I am in the process of putting all your suggestions together and posting them to Mum.

Thank you TeamPR. :balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons: :):hug::thumbsup:

MEMum, lemonworld, justy and 4 others like this.
  8. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt

Would the mother consider making a formal complaint about her GP? In my experience working within the NHS, though I had to retire some 17 years ago, making complaints does make a very real difference. However she would need an organisation or informed individual to support that complaint to ensure it could not be used as evidence against her.

It is horrific that parents are left afraid of their doctors, whilst those doctors are advocating a disease model of ME contradicted by the WHO, NICE and thousands of peer review studies.

(Edit. Sorry this issue was raised in other comments not with it this morning. Certainly would support a crowd funding.)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  9. Countrygirl

UK
    Some thought provoking comments from David's blog:

Mel9, MEMum, justy and 10 others like this.
  10. TreePerson

TreePerson Senior Member

U.K.
    I am also horrified by this and happy to contribute to any crowdfunding. I can imagine how completely overwhelmed and intimidated the mum must be. I was a single parent myself and you are treated differently by most authorities and that's before you factor in all the hideous ignorance, stigma and judgement surrounding ME. This situation is just awful.

Mel9, MEMum, justy and 6 others like this.
  11. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
    The authorities mainly want bums on seats in school.
    One way to circumvent this is to get consultant to sanction home education.
    If this can be achieved, the next step is to establish a good relationship with the person who visits to provide the home ed.
    The priority is for the child to get adequate rest - they will be more active whenever they can, it doesn't need to be forced. If the child can't get out of bed for the visitor, that's too bad, they can have a couple of hours off...paid!

12. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

If its a school attendance issue you DO NOT need a consultant to sanction home education if you chose to go that route. You just take the child off the school register by informing the head of the school.

I would not give any reasons for home educating in the deregister letter especially if its on health grounds.

You can do this for any reason you like you do not need state approval to home educate.

MEMum, justy, ladycatlover and 2 others like this.
  13. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
    Yes, thanks for the reminder!
    Am I right in understanding that you only get provision if consultant decrees it?
    If so, best to just go DIY as you suggest, as the providers are often a pain in the arse.
    We got into the situation of a qualified PE teacher trying to teach GCSE science...she ended up asking me to explain things!

PS Mine's a shish kebab...with fresh chilis please, just like Gig used to do just off Tottenham Court Road...can't seem to get 'em like that any more.

MEMum, justy, Large Donner and 2 others like this.
  14. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
    Established the year I was born...the best!!!
    http://www.gigsfishandchips.com/content/gigs-gallery-0
    do scroll through the pictures...I must set off on a pilgrimage sometime soon, I might see if I can drop in on King's College and see if my old mate Si is around. He was notably absent at the annual bunfight when I played rugby for UCL against KCL

MEMum likes this.
  15. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

Yum

fingers likes this.
  16. Sbag

Sbag

I can probably send you some lists as I have been going through loads of sites and collecting info lately (might need to tidy it up!). What about contacting Margaret Williams as well - she has a huge array of letters she has sent to establishments and the papers she writes (and Malcolm Hooper) are packed with material.

MEMum and fingers like this.
  17. Sbag

Sbag

they were my fave as well - i was at ucl too and lived just round the corner from them :)

18. Sbag

Sbag

and what about the journalist that wanted stories on people harmed by GET. Even if she had to keep the people anonymous, an ongoing story might be really valuable.

MEMum, fingers and NelliePledge like this.
  19. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
    Cool :thumbsup::hug:
    A quick google reveals that shitebag (is that your name haha?) Wessell is a yorkshireman...I use the term 'man' loosely. I am a Lancastrian.
    Let the war of the roses recommence!!!!!!!!! :devil::ninja::alien::woot::mad:
    Oh dear Esther...I'm sorry, love, you can drop round for a bag of sugar anytime :love:

20. Countrygirl

UK
    That sounds great, @Sbag. Please do.

MW's stuff is all on line.

MEMum likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.